I just finished watching "Passion of The Christ" again.

I began wondering what movies that have adult-level explicitness (violence, drugs, sex, etc...) that would be important for a teen or young adult to watch. I'm thinking in terms of what movies would have a valuable impact on the lives and choices of teens.

I'd love to hear what others think. I'm thinking more in the realm of fiction movies, as teens are unlikely to choose documentaries.

Some of my choices:

Schindler's List - One of the last quotes by Liam Neeson's role "I could have saved just one more..."

Letters from Iwo Jima - War is always so black and white, but this movie filled in a few shades of gray

Passion of the Christ - Regardless of your religious upbringing, the movie is well made and gives a glimpse into the brutality of the roman empire, as well as finding hope in the most unlikely of moments.

Requiem for a Dream - (18+ only) - A brutal descent into darkness by drug addicts gives nice support as to why it's a bad idea to to drugs.

We Were Soldiers - Shows the brutality of war for the soldiers and their families.