Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Lightbulb Anime Recommendation: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Japanese animation is not up everyone's alley. Recently however, I've been watching a series that I think everyone should watch - "Tokyo Magnitude 8.0"

From Anime News Network Show page:
    Plot Summary: The premise of the project is the 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime will depict what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place. The story will center on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.
    The anime is strongly emotional. Because it is depicted in the present, you watch people react to the quake, and it is much stronger for it's impact. For example, the main character, a young adolescent girl, whishes for the world to "break" because she resents having to take her brother the museum. She watches it happen before her eyes, and finds that its much different and more terrifying than she imagined.

I STRONGLY recommend this show even if you don't like "anime". It is approachable for all tastes.

Last edited by Granite; 09-09-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    This movie has a lot of pathos does it? Consider me intrigued. It's been a while since I've watched an anime series. I think I'm gonna seek this one out.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."