Thanks Thanks:  9
    Credits

Evangelion 1.0 (New Neon Genesis Evangelion movies) Animation

There's no much info on this and the following 3 movies, just a short Japanese teaser with words (Windows Media, Net Transport required for DL):
    mms://wmcontents06.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/yahoo/event/evangelion/eva_movie_trailer_1m.wmv

According to Hideaki Anno's manifesto, the new movies are animated remakes of the old series/films, with more sophisated animation. It is NOT the rumoured Hollywood remake with ADV Films and Weta Workshop involved.

The teaser confirms that the remake is in 3 or 4 parts: Part 1 will be released in Japan on September 1, 2007. Part 2, early 2008. Part 3 + 4 late 2008.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-02-2009 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Title Change

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    when is the live action movie gonna be released?
    WETA have pre-production shots of it already for like years!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Japanese teaser #2 (Windows Media, Net Transport required):
    mms://wmcontents06.cdn.yahoo-streaming.jp/yahoo/event/evangelion/eva_yahoo_tokuhou_02_1m.wmv

Credits
    oh my god i didnt know they were doing some new stuff. I love the series, watch it all the time again and again. gotta download these.

It sure is what you call a 'teaser' just one small static shot of any characters at the very end i wonder when a longer one will come out.

Credits
    A very short (17 sec) Windows Media 'clip' (what Yahoo Japan calls trailer), featuring new animation of Unit 1, which gives an idea of what the remakes would be like (Net Transport required for DL, 1.88MB)

Credits
    I think I've finally located a WMV version of the trailer which shows more clips from the new animation film. Since it'll go offlne in 5 days, I've decided to mirror it (320x240, 3.49MB). Notice how smooth the new animation of Tokyo-3 rising is:
    http://www.speedyshare.com/129511171.html

But if you want to see a sample of the action scenes, check out this 45-secood WMV clip of the song 'Beautiful World' that features in the film, sung by Hikaru Utada (320x240, 1.67MB. Again mirrored):
    http://www.speedyshare.com/272918226.html

EDIT: here's a different section of the 'Beautiful World' music video, which shows other clips from the new film. Too bad it's streaming Flash:
    http://www.emimusic.jp/blogparts/hikki_bw/

Credits

Evangelion 1.0 (Evangerion shin gekijôban: Jo ) Animation

The Film

There was no foreseeable warning before it happened — a catastrophe of unparalleled scale and magnitude overwhelmed the entire globe. This event, recorded in history as “The Second Impact,” caused half the population of the Earth to perish and devastated the world. All that remains of Japan is Tokyo-3, a city that is now being attacked by giant creatures that seek to destroy mankind. These creatures are called Angels. Fourteen year old Shinji Ikari is called to Tokyo-3 by his father who he hasn’t seen in more than eight years. He is asked to come to the NERV headquarters to meet his father. His father reveals to him a gigantic humanoid weapons system that the special governmental agency has secretly developed to fight the Angels and then orders Shinji to pilot the giant artificial human Evangelion Unit One. With the fate of the world resting on his shoulders, how will the 14 year old boy Shinji fight? Wht is the truth behind “The Human Instrumentality Project,” an operation somehow related to the “Second Impact”? And who is the true enemy? The Angels, NERV, the mysterious SEELE, or the demons held within the hearts of the people involved? Gendō Ikari, a man who holds many answers to these questions, watches silently and attentively as his son fights a desperate battle…

The Official Site

Evangelion 1.0 (us)
    Evangelion 1.0 (jp)
    Evangelion 1.0 (fr)

IMDB

Evangelion 1.0

Trailer(s)

FLV Trailer 640X360 (21.6Mb)

** Additional QT Encodes also Available HERE at Apple, no Direct Links.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-02-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Removed HD Reference

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.