Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Unhappy True Lies 2 = no James Cameron

why why why....

http://www.comingsoon.net

There has been lots of talk about James Cameron reuniting with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Tom Arnold on a True Lies sequel. Cameron, however, says he won't be involved. "No, I won't be doing True Lies 2," he told Coming Soon!'s Chuck the Movieguy. Definitely disappointing news to hear.

Cameron has been busy producing films like Solaris, but don't think that is going to keep him from directing and finding new ways to wow us on the big screen. "Producing has been fun, it's got its satifactions, I've directed three non-fiction films in the last year, two of which are not finished yet, I've developed new technology for 3D photography which I will be using in feature films in the future. I'm just on the verge of going back to that having waited to get the technological ducks in a row for that".

Does that mean we will have to wear glasses for the films? "You gotta wear the glasses, there is no 3D without the glasses, trust me on this.." Do you mean the old red and blue glasses? "No, no.. this is cool, you have to take my word for this, it's cool." And how good are they? "Really cool!" How good? "Really F***ing good!"

like T3 ..... no Cameron ... me not overly excited... me not happy .. me sad...

but that 3d thing he is working on sounds cool
    :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

hehehe, great! why TL2 anyway (IMO no need at all)...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Loved True Lies. PItty he won't make the third. TL2 will be exactly 10 years after the first. Bad oh man.... can't wait for the Teaser for TL2.

Again its a pitty for Terminator3 as well. ONly doing the writting for it.. but its safe to say there will be loads of info and background on the ppl.

If producing is what James like... then I support him. This new technology for 3D photography sounds very interesting.

I await!!!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Grrrrrr :mad:

Credits
    I don't know... Do you remeber Arneys last movie?

Credits
    I agree with ZUBi, don't see a need to have a sequel to a mediocre (IMO, obviously) James Cameron movie, especially since it probably would mean having to endure more of Tom Arnold's not funny antics. What does disappoint me though, is that he's not directing T3, since terminator movies were some of his best (after Aliens of course, and please nobody mention titanic).

Credits
    Well, he's the quote-unquote King of the World. He can now do anything that pleases himself, instead of kissing our asses.

Another reason of hating Titanic...

Seriously, I suspect that he chickened out of directing T3 cos he couldn't be sure he could pull it off like he did with T2, now Arnie is pretty much da box-office bomb and Titanic was such a quote-unquote hit.
    Last edited by editman; 11-18-2002 at 07:46 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Wink

What!?!?! No True Lies 2 with Cameron?!?!?! That's not what Tom Arnold says.

Credits
    you gotta wonder if cameron really has much interest in the scifi/action genre anymore. now that he thinks he's king of the world, he may want to be more serious and just make expensive yet cheesy love stories. but then again, he's producing solaris. and he did that dark angel show, which got cancelled i think.

forget true lies and terminator, cameron's next project should be Aliens 2 (and pretend that 3 and 4 never happened), which would involve the earth getting colonized by the aliens and ripley coming to kick some a$$!!!

Credits
    Originally posted by impetigo
    cameron's next project should be Aliens 2 (and pretend that 3 and 4 never happened), which would involve the earth getting colonized by the aliens and ripley coming to kick some a$$!!!
    No, I disagree. Alien3 & Alien: Resurrection are also great movies, though may not be as entertaining/ass-kicking as Aliens.

What makes the Alien series so unique is that every movie is directed by a different talented director with vision. Thus every movie of the series has its unique feel and tone but still fits into the big picture... even Alien3.

Doing another Alien sequel in the style of Aliens is like doing another Nightmare in Elm Street sequel: more blood and gore, but pointless continuation of the story/horror.

Credits
    Just as long as Arnold keeps doing his thing I'm happy.
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?