Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Credits
    88.1 - 90 Million at most.

Credits

Prediction

106.1 - 108 Million
    Last edited by jacques1400; 12-08-2009 at 01:42 AM.
    ___

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I am leaving J-P in charge of this contest and passing out the 180,000,000 credits!!

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...ewpost&t=24879

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I'm close to put my predictions... Let me think couple of days more.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    78.1 - 80 Million

Right now. But I'll think again about it soon.

Credits

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrandir01 View Post
    78.1 - 80 Million

Right now. But I'll think again about it soon.
    you all have exactly 1 week left to change/post your predictions

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    you all have exactly 1 week left to change/post your predictions
    I know My Friend. I just must check some of my sources, to decide about prediction.

Credits
    Wow, you guys are predicting very low numbers. I still have a feeling it will be massive. Even my mom wants to see it and she doesn't share my love for sci-fi movies that much (to put it nicely). She thought Dark Knight was utter crap and didn't even want to hear about Transformers. She was also very sceptical about Avatar but it's James Cameron's name that convinced her to go. True Lies is one of her favorite films If my mom is going to see it, I'm telling you it will be huge

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    Wow, you guys are predicting very low numbers. I still have a feeling it will be massive. Even my mom wants to see it and she doesn't share my love for sci-fi movies that much (to put it nicely). She thought Dark Knight was utter crap and didn't even want to hear about Transformers. She was also very sceptical about Avatar but it's James Cameron's name that convinced her to go. True Lies is one of her favorite films If my mom is going to see it, I'm telling you it will be huge
    Not doubting your mothers sixth sense, the way I see it the timing is wrong.
    Any Christmas release is notorious for low numbers, specially for a fantasy/Scifi flic. Not that the movie is bad, but simply because people have other things to do. On the overall it might do great, but not on opening weekend. People are in the holiday frame of mind, red and white is in, blue is not...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    Any Christmas release is notorious for low numbers, specially for a fantasy/Scifi flic.
    You've got some good points, but I'm thinking we're going to set a precedence this year We're predicting 17th to 20th there's still plenty of time left to write to Santa

Credits
    I think this 142.1 - 144 Million

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    Not doubting your mothers sixth sense, the way I see it the timing is wrong.
    Any Christmas release is notorious for low numbers, specially for a fantasy/Scifi flic. Not that the movie is bad, but simply because people have other things to do. On the overall it might do great, but not on opening weekend. People are in the holiday frame of mind, red and white is in, blue is not...
    You're right jacques. Opening will be smaller, but "Avatar" will have great legs. Even with 70 mil. opening, it'll reach 300 mil. final gross.

Credits
    I've already got my tickets for next Saturday purchased. Going to see it in IMAX 3D.

I think one thing to take into consideration is not only is it the weekend before Christmas, this thing is close to 3 hours long which means there's not going to be that many showtimes. So far the pre-sales for Toronto seem indicate that it's only going to be on 1-2 screens per theatre which isn't much.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    I got tickets for 11:30 am on Monday, December 21st, for the IMAX 3D

it's going to be showing here in regular 35mm, IMAX 3D and Digital Real 3D!!

Credits
    Theaters for Avatar: 3,300+

Here you will find the Top10 "2009 Opening Weekends":
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/...yr=2009&p=.htm

My predict is:
    102.1 - 104 Million

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast