Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Trailer Awards 2009

The 2009 Movie-List Trailer Awards are under way.

Cast your vote today!

Winners will be announced February 3rd.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailerawards09/

Credits
    Voted. Hard to choose!
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Voted

Best Action/Sci-Fi Trailer

For me it had to be the second Star Trek trailer, some trailers have a problem with showing too much of their film, this one managed to do that while still keeping me engaged in the interest of the films story through the voice overs and the epic music being played.

Best Animated Trailer

I love Pixar, I have a soft spot for Toy Story especially so call me biased if you want to but I voted for Toy Story 3.

Best Comedy Trailer

Seeing as this is the comedy section I decided to vote on how much the trailer made me laugh or smile the most, granted some comedies are not the laugh out loud type but these are the ones I enjoy the most personally. In a toss up between Black Dynamite and The Hangover the former overpowered the latter in most outrageous moments. Great editing and music to go along with it, its the clear winner.

Best Drama Trailer

This category I found the hardest to chose, the selection of trailers are so varied that in the end I think it all comes down to personal preference. In the end I voted for Brothers, for half of the trailer you could easily mistake this for a film about a family coping with the death of a loved one in war and a brother helping out, but quickly switching gears not once by bringing him back from the dead but twice when you realise that he really lost a part of himself during that war. By the end you want to know what he's going to do, which is what a trailer is all about really.

Best Horror Trailer

I personally love contrast when it comes to trailers, so having some cheerful music during a horror trailer I instantly love.So when Sweet Child 'O Mine started playing at the end of The Last House on the Left trailer I just had to go with it. Also I was pretty surprised to see Zombieland in here, I would have counted that as more of a comedy myself.

Best Use of Music

As most of us know music can make or break a trailer and in some cases can smash it right out the park. The quick style of editing coupled with the music of the Clash of the Titans teaser in my opinion knocked that ball right out of the park. If only they had used the "Damn the Gods" tag line they used in the trailer.

Best Overall Teaser

This was a toss up for me between District 9 and Up in the Air. I completely discounted Tron: Legacy as I personally think its a bit of a cop out using that footage as a teaser as it was done as a proof of concept. I eventualy went with District 9, I loved the way that it could easily be mistaken for a documentary most of the way through it. When it did its big reveal it didn't hold back or cheapen itself by doing some action-y quick shots, just one or two long shots of the ship and that lovely interview scene really made for a nice teaser.

Best Overall Trailer

From a process of elimination standpoint I went with Up in the Air on this one. The Shutter Island trailer I enjoyed but felt was to convoluted. The Star Trek trailer I felt was the weaker of the 2 trailers it had. The Terminator Salvation trailer was ruined by the T-101's face on the map at the end. (I get that they came up with this cool motion poster but it didn't work in the trailer and ruined it for me) Where the Wild Things Are didn't have anything I didn't like about it, but compared with Up in the Air was the less mature of the two in my opinion.

Credits
    Great write-up odj_310388.
    I agree with most of your comments. The T-101 face at the end of the Terminator Salvation trailer also ruined the ending for me, but the rest of it was so good it had to be included.
    And although it was a "horror-comedy", Zombieland had to go in the horror category... it just didn't fit in the Comedy section.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet View Post
    And although it was a "horror-comedy", Zombieland had to go in the horror category... it just didn't fit in the Comedy section.
    Now I think about it I have to agree with you, was still a great comedy though.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentSpooling View Post
    I watch the trailer of this movie but not watch yet the whole movie. This looks good film.
    This looks bot.

Credits
    Any news for the winners?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance View Post
    Any news for the winners?
    http://www.movie-list.com/trailerawards09/winners.php

Credits
    Thank you very much!

Credits
    Bump.

Any chance we will be seeing the 2010 awards soon?

Credits
    Hey i hope to see the list soon !

Credits
    I would participate too, even if it was not the best year in trailers!