It's a completely different story with me. I had no expectations going into it and I was very impressed when it ended. I don't agree with you that there was no emotinal connection with the characters, I rarely find myself caring about most of the characters in the same way that I cared about the "alien" characters in District 9. It's quite an achievement for the creators to make the audience feel some kind of connection with a character that looks like a (very ugly) prawn

"Acting by the main character was almost laughable" - ... I don't know... that's too harsh. I think Copley just went for it His character evolves (literally ) over the period of the movie. The audience evolves with him. For me it was like: "Oh, I don't care about this corporate schmuck" to "Oh God, Will he make it!?" All in all Copley did a good job.

"Please tell me I am not alone in thinking that this movie was all hype and failed to deliver." - Oh, I'm sure you're not alone.

PS. Christina, register at this site, join Movie-List group, cast your vote and you might win our Annual Academy Awards Predictic Oscar Winner Contest