Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Polish President Lech Kaczynski (60) died in plane crash...

j7wild Guest
    this is a terrible tragedy that could had been averted!!

my heart goes out to everyone who were killed!!

that sounds like the entire Polish Government was on board that flight!!

Credits
    Well, we have the Prime Minister and he is in charge of the Government. Right now Marshal of the Government took over President's responsibilities. Thank God our constitution is well written and says exactly what to do in such situation.

People on the plane were mostly President's staff but also the most important Generlas of Polish army! It's truly unbelivable

Credits
    I'm shocked they were all allowed to travel together.
    michalz, what's the reaction and mood like in Poland?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    I'm shocked they were all allowed to travel together.
    that's what they been saying here on tv on BBC and CNN.

that's like the President of the United States with his Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, White House Chief of Staff, Secretary of the Treasury and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff all flying Air Force One together!!

from what I've been hearing, the entire nation of Poland is in deep mourning.

pretty much 1/2 of their government's top executives are gone!!

Credits
    The mood is pretty grim, people are shocked. They are lighting candles and praying together. It's a similar sitiation to when the Pope was dying five years ago. You can also feel the solidarity.

There were also politicians representing different parties on that plane. Their parliamentary friends are remembering them on TV. It's pretty surreal because two days ago they were going for each other's throats. Now they talking about the wake-up call...

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

that's like the President of the United States with his Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, White House Chief of Staff, Secretary of the Treasury and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff all flying Air Force One together!!
    That I also can not understand. How could they let them all go on one plane!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

from what I've been hearing, the entire nation of Poland is in deep mourning.
    pretty much 1/2 of their government's top executives are gone!!
    You can't compare it to the US Most Important Persons. We still have Prime Minister and all of goverment. Also both Marshalls of the Parliament (Marshall of Sejm replace now president for 60 days, till new election). One and only, but big mistake is that on that plane were 6 most important chiefs of our Army: Infantry, Navy, Air Force, Operations Chief, Chief of Staff and Chief of Warsaw defence.

That is disaster for our Army.

Credits
    Poland aint a rich country to have multiple planes as the US does. It would seems logcal to have em on different planes tho.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    Poland aint a rich country to have multiple planes as the US does. It would seems logcal to have em on different planes tho.
    President Kaczynski didn't want to buy new plane for him and goverment...

Credits
    First off, from what I have heard so far the plane itself is not really to blame, it appears that the pilot was asked to divert to Minsk if memory serves me correctly, because of bad weather (fog) and the pilot opted to stay on course. It was his choice which obviously was a bad one. And yes, Poland might not have a large quantity of planes, anyone who ever flew to Poland using LOT will agree that it is not the most comfortable travel available, but putting an entire government leadeship in a single plane is not exactly the best decision either. Leaving aside governments, it has been a corporate policy dating back years that the upper management levels are strictly forbidden to travel together.
    Regardless, a loss of this magnitude for a country is very difficult to overcome.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    My condolences to the Polish people.

But for me the biggest tragedy is, that this all happens on the way to a memorial service in Katyn. This is a sadistic irony of history.