Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The Girl Who Played With Fire Cancelled?

Souce InMovies.ca

And why not, it was a stupid idea to begin with, Fincher or not.
    Nothing beats the original trilogy, Americanizing it took the Darwin award as far as i'm concerned, trying to sell it to Europe was even more ridiculous.

Production on The Girl Who Played With Fire may be halted due to financial concerns

June 4, 2012

Is the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sequel cancelled?

That's a theory being put forth by E! Online.

The entertainment news outlet is reporting that the first movie, in what is intended to be a series based on the bestselling books by Stieg Larsson, did not make a profit and that the "signs do not look good" for the intended sequel.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo — directed by David Fincher and starring Rooney Mara as angry, victimized protagonist Lisbeth Salander — cost a reported $100 million or so to make and, despite being incredibly violent and rated R, brought in about $231 million at the global box office. But E! reports that the take wasn't enough to break even after marketing and promotion costs, and the film suffered a modest loss.

Back in January, a Sony rep insisted that the second movie, The Girl Who Played With Fire, was still moving forward. But now a rep reportedly says the sequel is 'still in development" and there is no listed shoot or release date for the sequel on IMDB. Also, The Girl Who Played With Fire isn't currently mentioned on Mara's upcoming movies list. All of this has been taken to suggest that the flick might not be happening.

If that's the case, you can still see the Swedish versions. All three of Larsson's books, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, were adapted into Swedish language movies, released in 2009, by production company Yellow Bird.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

No loss for me.

I didn't think Fincher's version was that great; especially when he took liberty with the ending and made the cop-out ending that was boring and unemotional.

The Swedish version is still the best one!