Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

I talked to Sam Raimi

Yes, it's true. I work in downtown Chicago and right in front of my buliding was a giant crane with none other than Sam Raimi standing next to it wearing a suit and tennis shoes. I told him that I work for Marvel and thanked him for making Spider-Man a comic book lovers' dream come true. I asked him if there was anymore Evil Dead coming and he said, "I wish I could, but I can't. I wouldn't be able to do it unless I paid for it myself along with some other investors; I just don't have the time and energy to go begging for money." I then asked him if he could tell me anything about the Amazing Spider-Man (which is what they were filming; no big actors, just some set-up shots and some shots of people on the L train) and he said, "It's a darker story. You'll see Peter grow up some more. It's almost like Harry Potter...this is Year Two. That's about all I can tell ya. Oh, and don't get too used to the title, I hear the suits don't like it, so it'll probably change."
    Also, my boss said that he's been hearing that Marvel and Universal are trying to get Robert Zmeckis to direct a Captain America movie. Apparently, they have an ingenius script. So, they're really trying to push for a BIG name director for this. Stay tuned on this one. Last time I heard about a slam dunk script (Iron Man) the thing got trashed. I hope this one holds up.

Credits
    Lucky you did you ask im for an autograph?

Credits
    Lucky! :big grin:

Credits
    forward these news to AICN immediately ... oh wait you do work for marvel ... so you'll probably have some contractual commitments not do so. :butt:

Credits
    I'm not into autographs. The only one I have is from Drew Barrymore. I met her a couple years ago in the Sherridan Hotel downtown. She was fun to hang out with (although she's a little weird--very new age). I've had a thing for her since Poison Ivy, so I asked for her autograph. She had her agent get a Polaroid of us and she signed it.

I don't like AICN Mischa. I'm not under any contract or anything. I just try to sell their toys to major stores and try to get manufacturers to buy our licences.

Credits
    Hey that's cool you met Raimi. I live in Lincoln Park but had no idea Marvel had operations here in chicago. I've been a spidey comic fan since 1986 or so (although i stopped collecting after mcfarlane left marvel) and I thought raimi's spider-man was at best mediocre. Hated toby as parker, and thought the action was so boring and the special effects looked fake, in particular spidey swinging around in the old cartoon fashion rather than the mcfarlane type acrobatics.

But anyway, what I don't understand is what spider-man is doing in chicago?? I bet it has something to do with MJ traveling for acting/modeling or somefin.