Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

21 Jump Street to the Big Screen

Paramount Pictures will bring 21 Jump Street, the series that launched Johnny Depp's career, to the big screen. It will be scripted by series co-creators Stephen J. Cannell and Patrick Hasburgh.

The series, which ran from 1987-1990 on Fox and one subsequent season in syndication, has an easily updatable premise for a film that should have strong youth appeal. A group of fresh-faced police officers are assigned the nightmarish undercover duty of returning to high school to crack crimes and bust drug dealers infiltrating the hallways. The narcs were played by Depp, Peter DeLuise, Holly Robinson Peete, Dustin Nguyen and Richard Grieco.

Cannell, whose series creations include "The A-Team," "Wiseguy" and "The Commish," will produce the film with Douglas Rosen.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/ar...38207556,7593,

i liked "The Commish" a lot... and i hope 21 Jump Street would be a good adaption...
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    oh this is cool news.. 21 jump street was a good show back in the day. if depp makes a cameo or something that will be pretty funny.

Credits
    It may have been a decent show, but I don't think it was huge enough to spawn a movie 12 years after it was off the air. Who's going to go see it? A couple hundred 20-30 year olds?
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?

Credits
    Originally posted by Hulkster
    It may have been a decent show, but I don't think it was huge enough to spawn a movie 12 years after it was off the air. Who's going to go see it? A couple hundred 20-30 year olds?
    yeah i have my doubts about it, but if they get a good cast it could be cool. but it'll probably turn out like I SPY, that is, not really too much to do with the original tv series besides the title. but what if johnny depp decides to be a major character in it? maybe it'll become his franchise. yeah right!