Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    Believe it

It's a masterpiece. But I will be shocked if it wins Best Picture Oscar. It's just too good to win... They will probably give it to some crowd pleaser like this Slumdog crap... to make up for last year's mistake
    I'm not saying that it's not a good movie but it's far from a masterpiece. It's an interesting story that has been dramatized about something that has changed how a lot of us connect to each other but nothing more. There are great performances in it and Fincher is a master director but I felt somewhat underwhelmed when I saw it.

Slumdog Millionare on the other hand is a masterpiece of story telling and Danny Boyle did a wonderful job and deserved the Oscar. Not sure what you're referring to last year but the best picture did indeed win Best Picture.

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    thank you!

I am glad I am not the only person who thinks this movie is over-rated!

Just because Facebook has a gazillion members, it doesn't make each and every one of those members a movie critic or a movie expert!!

I wonder if you changed the product in the movie from Facebook to something else but still kept everything else the same would people still have the same feelings for it?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    I'm not saying that it's not a good movie but it's far from a masterpiece. It's an interesting story that has been dramatized about something that has changed how a lot of us connect to each other but nothing more. There are great performances in it and Fincher is a master director but I felt somewhat underwhelmed when I saw it.
    Well, I will stand my ground and won't back down, in saying it's a masterpiece

Everything works in this movie... It takes a master director and crew to pull something so fresh, meaningful and freaking awesome to watch...out of a courtroom drama script

As for Slumdog, I can say that I was feeling underwhelmed after watching it I still don't like it (But it might be my inner fanboy speaking, winning over Ben Button might have something to do with it )

Not sure what you're referring to last year but the best picture did indeed win Best Picture.
    You know what movie I'm talking about... The one that should have won.

"The Hurt Locker" is the most forgettable Best Picture winner in recent years... very few people watched it... and those who did, have very mixed feelings about it.

I only like the last 5 minutes of it
    Last edited by michalz00; 12-15-2010 at 05:18 AM.