Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Trailers music question

I noticed that Quills, Romeo Must Die, The Patriot, the Musketeer, The Four Feathers and around 5 other trailers use the same music. Trailer producers really don't have any imagination and originality. Anybody knows where is this music from?

Credits
    The song you are reffering to is "Escape" by Craig Armstrong. It was used in the Plunkett & Maclaene OST.

You're right...trailer produces don't have much imagination. But don't hold that against them. They just go out and get music "cues" to draw the audience into the product. You can't tell me that you wouldn't watch a trailer more if it had a song that you like/love...

What works...works. Until it doesn't. Some trailer cues are so well done, you can here them about 5 times per year, and still not get sick of it. Others get on your nerves in two seconds.

Trailers are just like short movies. You have to "licence" the music in order to use it. Sometimes, a certain trailer can't get a song they wanted to use. Other times, they use a temp score (like Romeo Must Die...before they changed the end tuen to Escape). And don't think it's cheap either. A good 30 seconds could cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. Not exactly your average CD purchase price at the mall now, is it!
    --Dan

Credits
    this music was also used in the massive promotion for the TV series Dark Angel.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Wink

You will not believe me, but guys who created awesome The Matrix trailer used same music as in poor The Scarlet Letter trailer