Thanks Thanks:  135
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Cast:

Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson (rumored), Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman, Juno Temple (rumored), Michael Caine, Josh Pence, Joey King, Matthew Modine, Adam West (rumored), Nestor Carbonell. Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis.

The Film

It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.

But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Links

The Dark Knight Rises

Trailer(s) Official YouTube Encode

Click ClipConverter Logo to Download Video

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark_knight_rises.jpg 
Views:	3770 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	11400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dark_knight_rises_xlg.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	374.5 KB 
ID:	11401  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-22-2016 at 09:20 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Post Nothing New — WB’s Encode

The Dark Knight Rises Domestic Trailer 1
    QuickTime: Small | Medium | 560 Wide | Large | 480p | 720p | 1080p
    Windows Media: Small | Medium | Large | 480p (Zipped) | 720p (Zipped) | 1080p (Zipped)

Credits
    Whoa!! the teaser is ridiculously good.

Seriously!! what did it take to make me crazy? 5 Seconds. 5 Seconds in which Batman was backing away from Bane brilliantly accompanied by scary music. I don't know how I will manage to sit through 150minutes.

The mask is looking quite goofy but then again I was never completely sold on Batman face either. Terrifying score and brilliant taking will ensure that this trilogy turns out to be one of the best ever.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 12-20-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Credits

Thumbs up

As for the teaser itself...

After days of watching it on bootleg quality on YuleTube, it's great to finally see it in HD quality QT. (My local IMAX theatre didn't show it with HP7.2, which is a damn shame.) Being a fan of the Batman franchise, it's way too subjective to comment on whether the teaser's good or bad. It certainly builds up my expectation. Looking forward to the next teaser/trailer, when they show us more, if they show us more. Or if we are lucky, we may get another 7-minute prologue shown on IMAX like The Dark Knight. Who knows.

EDIT: My biggest curiosity about this film, of course, is how Anne Hathaway, who kinda has a bubbly on-screen persona, fits into this dark world of Nolan's Batman, and hence her role of Selina Kyle. (Mind you I've never seen films in which she plays 'darker' roles, eg Havoc - perhaps?...) But I guess we'll see in the next teaser/trailer to come.

Can't wait till July 2012.
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-18-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Deleted Quote from Deleted Posts

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Something I noticed in the teaser... Is that guy holding a rifle? Is he about to knock Batman off?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by hetfool View Post
    Something I noticed in the teaser... Is that guy holding a rifle? Is he about to knock Batman off?
    I think he was being hanged. I see him holding his neck in order to relieve the pressure

Credits

Post UK/Int’l Trailer #1 — WB’s Encode

The Dark Knight Rises International Trailer 1
    QuickTime: Mini-Res | Low-Res | Med-Res | High-Res | 480p | 720p | 1080p
    Windows Media: Mini-Res | Low-Res | Med-Res | High-Res | 480p | 720p | 1080p

Note: Same as the domestic trailer, except for some minor differences:

Credits
    l wanted to see more footage, but then again this was just the teaser...ie. tells the general movie going public that this movie is in the works. Next to Superman this is my next most anticipated movie for 2012.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Compared to the TDK teaser this one shows a lot of stuff But for me it's still in the "Meh" stages, nothing here to get excited about (except the fact that Editman is back )
    Last edited by michalz00; 07-19-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Credits
    possible best movie,but really bad teaser

To be love...a whole life long

Credits
    Could someone explain to me why this is a bad teaser? Did it not get you interested in seeing the movie? Did it not let people know that there's a 3rd Batman movie coming out? What exactly were you expecting to see in this teaser? Do you guys remember the teaser from The Dark Knight?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    Could someone explain to me why this is a bad teaser? Did it not get you interested in seeing the movie? Did it not let people know that there's a 3rd Batman movie coming out? What exactly were you expecting to see in this teaser? Do you guys remember the teaser from The Dark Knight?
    I think it's far from the disaster some people are making it out to be but it is underwhelming. It lets us know there's a new Batman movie coming out but the excitement factor when watching the teaser isn't quite there.

I am all for mystery and not showing too much in a trailer - some of the best trailers don't give much away. But the way the trailer was executed could have been handled better. The mix of footage feels awkward - I can't elaborate more than that. It just doesn't seem to flow well. The title screen is an uninspired effort. And the money shot in the trailer just doesn't seem to pack that much of a punch. Maybe if the buildup leading to it was handled better, it would have worked.

Call me crazy but I think it would have looked better with just the climbing shot of the crumbling buildings and bat logo in the sky. And then perhaps followed by a single flash of each of the major characters in the film just to wet everyone's appetite and give us a tiny glimpse. Coupled with a voice-over and fitting music and it just could work. Or just the buildings and no character glimpses and then the money shot.

But I'm no expert and I'm sure others could come up with a better idea than mine.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    I'm a big Batman-Fan and I don't need a teaser or trailer to the see the movie next year. But I must agree to chronophasia, this preview-teaser doesn't thrilled me.

The preview-teaser to "The Dark Knight" with Batman-logo, the Joker voice-over and the flying cards, that was great. You haven't see one shot from the movie, but it built up a nice anticipation.

The preview-teaser to "The Dark Knight rises" is a normal teaser and for me not well working teaser. Somehow the wrong building and cutting.

Credits
    Very quick cuts and crumbling buildings logo would be fine for me... what I don't like is that very dull shot of Gordon in hospital. I'm sure in the right context that scene will be great but here it doesn't work.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by michalz00 View Post
    Very quick cuts and crumbling buildings logo would be fine for me... what I don't like is that very dull shot of Gordon in hospital. I'm sure in the right context that scene will be great but here it doesn't work.
    Have to disagree.

I think it does a great job of explaining the direction that the movie will be taking. Similar to TDK teaser which in hindsight is an apt teaser for the movie. And the fact that the lines were uttered by Gordon indicates that Gotham will become bleaker than ever before. (After all, the guy came out unscathed during the reign of joker)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast