Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Unhappy Amy Winehouse has Died at 27!!

Credits

And what, that's surprising?
    I figured it would have happened earlier, a trainwreck waiting to happen.

TMZ reports that a press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:

"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.
    On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
    Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
    The story is developing and it seems that little more information is available at this time.

Last month, Winehouse canceled what was to be a 12 date tour after a performance in Serbia, at which witnesses said she seemed to be having serious trouble keeping it together.
    Amy was the butt of endless tabloid trashing in regards to her substance abuse problems, with the North American press labeling her "Troubled Singer" and the less kind Brit press labeling her "Wino."
    She was an IMMENSELY talented singer and songwriter and this is a tragedy, though her whole life has essentially been a tragedy ever since she started falling apart after the release of her brilliant album Back to Black.

That 2006 album was her second, the follow up to Frank. It blended old school Wall of Sound-style production with contemporary lyrical sensibilities, and of course, spawned the smash hit Rehab. In 2008, she won five Grammys, including best new artist, song of the year and record of the year. She was also the recipient of three Ivor Novello awards.

But addiction problems plagued her and she became more known for that and her erratic behaviour than anything else. She also had a turbulent personal life and a very public on-again-off-again relationship with ex-husband Blake Fielder Civil.
    And now she's joined the 27 club. What a terrible shame. Some of us were still hoping she'd pull it together and show them all by releasing another work of art.
    Amy appeared on stage in a surprise appearance with her goddaughter Dionne Bromfield on Wednesday night.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Credits
    This is sad news, but I also don't think it is surprising. So much talent wasted.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    her final concert appearance

j7wild Guest
    R.I.P. Amy

I hope despite all your pain and suffering and drugs and alcohol addiction and your tortured soul and physical and psychological pain you had to go through,

at one time or another during your tragic short life, you did enjoy a few moments of pure happiness!!

j7wild Guest
    now they are saying she may have died from Alcohol withdrawal when she decided to go cold turkey and not drink:

http://www.latimes.com/health/booste...,2852707.story

wow, I never heard of such thing!!