Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Ginger Snaps 2 & 3 Start Production

From comingsoon.net:

The Edmonton Sun is reporting location scouts are in-town this week seeking settings for Toronto-based 49th Parallel Films' Ginger Snaps 2 and Ginger Snaps 3, a sequel and prequel to last year's smart and scary teen werewolf flick, one of the top-grossing Canadian films of 2001.

The films will shoot back-to-back in Edmonton from January through May, with Ginger Snaps 2 being a direct sequel of the first film (Emily Perkins and Katharine Isabelle will return to reprise their roles as cursed sisters Brigitte and Ginger), and Ginger Snaps 3 a prequel Ginger Snaps set in the 18th century and delving into the werewolves' histories.

"These are going to be bigger, faster, scarier movies than the first one. There's going to be more werewolves and lots of action and keeping that wry sense of humour," said executive producer Noah Segal, adding Brett Sullivan will direct #2 while Grant Harvey takes the reins of #3.

The second film will likely be released by Seville Pictures before the end of next year.
    My fellow canadians (or whoever has seen it)... Ginger Snaps was one of the top grossing canadian films of 2001? Aha! Haven't heard much about this flick. Is it any good? Scary? Gory? My local videostore has a copy, and during my 14 day Xmas break I wanna catch up with all the (good) movies I have missed lately. So is it worth a rent?

Credits
    Zubi IMDB to the Rescue! :big grin:

Credits
    Oh c'mon ... I don't like reviews from imdb ... I want opinions from people that I love and respect.

Credits
    I'm a Canadian and i never heard of this

Credits

Cool

I have seen this movie. It's very good but I don't think it's the type of movie that should have a sequel. or two.

Credits
    I've seen it, but I'm not it's biggest fan. OK but nothing special.

If you like films like the original Carrie then you will probably like it a lot, but I hated Carrie. Ginger snaps has a lot more poace than Carrie, and has a sense of humour which is why I thought it was OK.

Hmm the sequel is faster with more scares. Could be a good ware wolf movie then, though fans of the original will probably hate it.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Wink

Originally posted by moviebuff
    I hated Carrie.
    ... ... YOU DUNNO!

Carrie (1976)

ZUBi says: Carrie is horror masterpiece! PERIOD!

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT