Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Question Question about Se7en

I just watched Se7en again the other night; it's my 20+ viewing and each time, the impact of the film is as powerful as the first viewing.

This is David Fincher's best film!!

Anyway, I have a question:

toward the end, when Detective Somerset saw what was in the box, why did he run back (instead of driving back in the unmarked Police Car) to Detective Mills?

I would think Wrath would not had happened if Detective Somerset drove back in the Police Car and he would had been able to prevent the last act - i.e. get John Doe away from Detective Mills and keep him from talking!!

Credits
    He panicked obviously and just thought he needed to get to Mills as quick as possible, in the panicked state he just begins running, sure you can say "Oh a car would be quicker." but hindsight is 20:20.

Credits
    I enjoy Se7en also and it is great on Blu-ray I find you see all the little morbid details. but yeah I think he kind of panicked and had that "OH SHI--!" moment and wasn't thinking about the car and if you notice when he was running back he was shouting to Detective Mills probably in an attempt to distract him from what John Doe was saying and if he drove he wouldn't have really been able to do that. plus then you have to think about the time he would have to get in the car turn it around drive back get out of the car and run into the field when it was just quicker in a way to just run back to Mills.

j7wild Guest
    I am watching this again for the 26th time and it's my first viewing on Blu-Ray!!

Did they ever mentioned what city it's set in?

I am at the part where Somerset and Tracy meets in the diner and so far, I haven't been able to see the license plates on any of the cars!!

Credits
    They purposely do not mention the city. There's tons of theories on where it takes place, but I believe Fincher said that it's supposed to be a common generic city to make it seem like it could happen anywhere.

You should check out the Se7en Blu-ray digibook. Lots of great information there...

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    They purposely do not mention the city. There's tons of theories on where it takes place, but I believe Fincher said that it's supposed to be a common generic city to make it seem like it could happen anywhere.

You should check out the Se7en Blu-ray digibook. Lots of great information there...
    mine is just a regular Blu-Ray.... it's a rental copy from my stores...

Credits
    The digibook is awesome, I highly recommend it. But I am also guessing a lot of the stuff is probably covered in the commentaries. It's such a great film... Now I wish I was at home to watch it.

j7wild Guest
    so the last 2 bodies are Tracy and her unborn baby or Tracy and John Doe?

Credits
    I believe Tracy and John Doe... But it's been a while since I've seen it so it might be Tracy and the unborn child.

j7wild Guest
    one of the most unforgettable and creepiest line in Movie History:

"What's in the box?!?"

Credits
    I think there were a lot of creepy lines in this film. Pretty much every line spoken by John Doe... And you can just feel how Detective Mills feels when he realizes what's in the box.

j7wild Guest
    so what will happen to Mills?

in the final conversation between Somerset and the Captain - it sounds like the PD is not going to charge him with shooting John Doe;

They are going to cover it up.

Is he going to be institutionalized? what?

Credits
    My guess is that he'd be institutionalized for a while.