Originally posted by 0Rich0
that said, in a film series like bond since when has special effects mattered.. think back to the glory days of bond.. yes back in the 60's when cgi wasnt even invented.. think roger skiing infront of the blue screen (clearly obvious)... did it matter NO!
Well, I'm not whining about the realism of blue screen effect in DAD. I just think the blur-edged blue screen effect doesn't fit into a Bond movie.

In ATOC, Minority Report the blur-edged blue screen effect kinda gives an out-of-this-world, hyper-realistic quality to the image. So it works on these films.

In DAD, however, it's Bond fighting a villian on a running tank. It's Jinx jumping into the ocean from the cliff. With blurred edges, I don't know whether I should treat them as FX shots, or just a subliminal "don't-try-this-at-home" message. Too fake (as opposed to "believable", not "realistic") to me, even for Bond.

Besides, blue screen fxs don't always look fake. Think Forest Gump. Think True Lies. I wouldn't know the terrorist jumping-on-a-plane scene is blue screen if I didn't watch the demo at the Oscar. Even the blue screen FX in The Matrix is believable.