Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Cool July is National Ice Cream Month for the U.S.A. !!

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation's population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."

Everyone loves Ice Cream !!

this picture has everything to do with Ice Cream:

It's Summer Time, it's scalding Hot, the poor girl (Kate Beckinsale) is at the beach and burning up and here comes the Ice Cream truck to make her day.

Beach + Hot Weather = Bikini Time = Ice Cream Time = PERFECT MATH

In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day. He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation's population. In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with "appropriate ceremonies and activities."

The International Ice Cream Association (IICA) encourages retailers and consumers to celebrate July as National Ice Cream Month.

In 2007, National Ice Cream Day will be Sunday, July 17th.

Flavors

Vanilla continues to be America's flavor of choice in ice cream and novelties, in both supermarket and foodservice sales. This flavor is the most versatile, mixing well with toppings, drinks and bakery desserts. America's top five favorite individual flavors are vanilla, chocolate, neapolitan, strawberry and cookies n' cream.

Here are some tips on how to keep ice cream in its most delectable form:

In the store:

Make the ice cream aisle your last stop during your trip to the supermarket.

Check the temperature of your grocer's freezer case. The temperature in the supermarket's freezer case should not be above -20°F. If kept at a proper temperature, ice cream will be thoroughly frozen and will feel hard to the touch. If the product is soft, you may wish to bring it to the attention of the store manager.

In an open top freezer case, always select ice cream and frozen treats stored below the freezer line.

Put ice cream products in the separate section of your grocery cart, or place on top of other groceries.

Insulate ice cream products for the ride home. When your groceries are packed, request a freezer bag or additional brown paper bag to insulate your ice cream.

Make the grocery store or ice cream parlor your last errand before going home. This will insure that your ice cream does not sit in a warm car while you are making other stops.

At Home:

Do not allow ice cream to repeatedly soften and re-freeze. When ice cream's small ice crystals melt and re-freeze, they can eventually turn into large, unpalatable lumps.

Your freezer should be set at between -5°F and 0°F. Ice cream is easy to dip between 6°F and 10°F, the ideal serving temperature range.

Store ice cream in the main part of the freezer. Do not store ice cream in the freezer door, where ice cream can be subject to more fluctuating temperatures since the door is repeatedly open and shut.

Keep the ice cream container lid tightly closed when storing in the freezer.

Don't store ice cream alongside uncovered foods; odors may penetrate ice cream and affect its flavor.

Ice Cream Recipes

Pecan Ice Cream Roll

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    6 chocolate cookies, crushed
    caramel or hot fudge topping
    whipped cream
    6 maraschino cherries, chopped

Divide ice cream into 6 equal amounts and spread into an 8"x8" square on plastic wrap. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs down center of ice cream. Roll up ice cream to form log shape. Freeze 1/2 hour. Pull back from plastic wrap and sprinkle each log with pecan pieces. Rewrap in plastic and freeze for two hours or overnight. Remove plastic wrap and place on serving dish. Drizzle with topping. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries. Option: one large roll can be made in lieu of 6 small rolls.

Apple n' Oatmeal Cookie Crisp ala Mode

your favorite apple crisp recipe that makes at least 3 cups of crisp
    8 scoops of vanilla ice cream
    hot caramel topping
    whipped cream
    8 maraschino cherries

Spoon 1/3 cup apple crisp on each serving dish. Place a scoop of ice cream on crisp. Drizzle with caramel topping. Top with whipped cream and a cherry. Makes 8 servings.

Waffle Berry ala Mode

1/2 cup strawberry topping
    1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup raspberries
    4 frozen waffles, toasted
    4 scoops vanilla ice cream
    whipped cream
    4 whole strawberries for garnish

Gently toss 1/4 cup strawberry topping with berries; set aside. Place waffle on serving plate. Spoon 1/2 cup berry mixture on waffle. Top with a scoop of ice cream, 1 tablespoon topping and whipped cream. Garnish with additional strawberry. Makes 4 servings.

Seven Layer Sundae

1 frozen waffle, toasted
    1 scoop chocolate ice cream
    1 peanut butter cookie, cut in half
    chocolate topping
    candy sprinkles
    whipped cream
    maraschino cherry
    chocolate topping

Place toasted waffle on serving dish. Scoop ice cream onto center of toasted waffle. Insert cookie halves at an angle into ice cream. Top with chocolate topping, sprinkles and whipped cream. Garnish with cherry. Makes 1 serving.

Triple Chocolate Crunch Shake

2 chocolate cookies broken into pieces
    2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
    2 scoops chocolate ice cream, softened
    1/3 cup of milk

Garnishes:
    Whipped cream
    candy sprinkles

Place all ingredients except garnishes in blender. Cover and blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Garnish blended mixture with whipped cream and sprinkles. Makes 1 serving.

So what are your favorite Ice Cream flavours and your favorite toppings and recipes?

Mine would be a Banana covered with Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Caramel, Hot Fudge, Fresh Strawberries, Maraschino Cherries and MORE Whipped Cream and my favorite Ice Cream flavor is Pistachio and Mango!!

Do you know what's the good thing about Ice Cream and Summer?!?

You can eat Ice Cream everyday during the Summer Time and if your wife asks why are you eating Ice Cream again for the 5th times in the same day, you can blame it on the Hot Weather!!

Last edited by j7wild; 06-16-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Credits
    back at school there's this place downtown called The Icecreamary. They make their own flavors all day there.

Personally I'm a fan of french vanilla (yeah boring, whatever. more exciting stuff for you guys ) and butterscotch.

But I could go for an Oreo blizzard right about now

I think I ate nothing but orange sherbert as a kid. Kids love food that's bright orange.

Credits
    I like cookies n' cream, but will try anything. Whenever there's a choice, I try to get the most exotic sounding flavor available. Some, like black sesame and green tea are actually pretty interesting.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    sometimes.....j7wild.....sometimes he´s absolutely crazy! good one j
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    So what kind of Ice Cream do you like?

It's that time of the year again!!

Credits
    My favorite ice cream has it's own song...

I Love Rocky Road
    by "Weird Al" Yankovic
    (to the tune of "I Love Rock 'n Roll" by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts)

I hear those ice cream bells and I start to drool
    Keep a couple quarts in my locker at school
    Yeah, but chocolate's gettin' old
    Vanilla just leaves me cold

There's just one flavor good enough for me, yeah me
    Don't gimme no crummy taste spoon
    I know what I need

Baby, I love rocky road
    So won't ya go and buy half a gallon, baby
    I love rocky road
    So have another triple scoop with me, ow

They tell me ice cream junkies are all the same
    All the soda jerkers know my name
    When their supply is gone
    Then I'll be movin' on

But I'll be back on Monday afternoon, you'll see
    Another truck load's comin' in for me, all for me
    I'm singin'

I love rocky road
    I love rocky road
    So have another triple scoop with me, ow

When I'm all alone, I just grab myself a cone
    And if I get fat and loose my teeth that's fine with me
    Just lock me in the freezer and throw away the key
    Sing it

I love rocky road
    I love rocky road
    So have another triple scoop with me
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest

Smile

This year's

National Ice Cream Day is

July 20th, 2008

Eva says: "Eat more Ice Cream!!"

Credits
    I always have a couple of pints banana pudding ice cream in my freezer. I have one just about every other day.

j7wild Guest

Talking

it's National Ice Cream month again;

now I have an excuse to eat Ice Cream!!

This year's National Ice Cream day is this Sunday,

July 19th, 2009

even the Gossip Girls actresses like Ice Cream and they know how to share:

Credits

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

This year, National Ice Cream day is on July 15th