Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    That would be great if that would be possible to add trailers to Movie-List, even in less better format, so at least people could see the trailer. We already add the video option, that would be great we can easily upload them to the official site.
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance View Post
    That would be great if that would be possible to add trailers to Movie-List, even in less better format, so at least people could see the trailer. We already add the video option, that would be great we can easily upload them to the official site.

Yes, and we already do a limited amount for the Exclusives, Loading up with hundreds of trailers would more than likely bring out copyright infringement issues, if it's stored on the servers. Needless to say, storage and Bandwidth is also a problem, M2TS and VOB trailers can get pretty big and add up quick.

There is no easy solution, mirrors were the best option.

Right now, it's panic mode, but there's enough money and support for this to be fought in courts properly, so the odds are good.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

The Megaupload-shutdown aftermath

I stumbled upon an article at the Sophos website regarding the megaupload shutdown.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012...load-backwash/
    http://home.hetnet.nl/~gb01/ogengluren.gif
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my harddisk?

Credits
    I'm more talking about "low" res (like 640x) embedded flv files, that we can found on the official site. The official site does the new trailers, but it would be great if we can add older trailers or replace dead links.

Credits

Credits

That's why a Multi-Hosting site rules, regardless....... Your files are visible and available for DL. Wait time is an issue, but that's what an account is for in their view.

Credits
    Mediafire is also a good hosting site. But they do remove files decently fast

Credits
    Multi-hosting websites:

www.mirrorcreator.com - NETHERLANDS
    www.flashmirrors.com - GERMANY
    www.uploading.to - USA

It won't be a surprise if they close uploading.to soon

Credits
    If you ask me, Rapidshare is one the worse file sharing solution. they were one of the first ( if not the very first ) and all they did was making their services worse and worse for the free users.

At the end Megaupload took over Rapidshare because they choose not to limit too much free users.

Credits
    So, which site do you suggest to upload VOBs?

Mediafire is fast, but I heard that they deleted many files. Rapidshare is fast in Europe but slow in America, and deletes files in 30 days if no one downloads.

We must find a website similar to MegaUpload, offering the longest file-hostage and the highest download & upload speed

Credits
    These sites are offering longer file-storage with a free account, but I have no idea of upload/download speeds:

DepositFiles - 30 days since the last time when the file has been downloaded. And for the registered users the storage period is 90 days.

Zhare - Files not downloaded for more than 60 days are automatically deleted.

FreakShare - Files deleted after 120 days of inactivity. Files uploaded as an premium user will never be deleted.

FileFactory - If you have a Premium account, your files remain on our servers as long as your Premium account remains active. If you have created a free account, your files will remain on our servers for 90 days from the time of upload of a particular file.

MegaShares - FREE USERS : Your file will remain available through your unique download link as long as there is 1 unique download in 90 days which then restarts at the 90-day counter. PREMIUM USERS: Your content does not expire as long as your account stays active.

Hotfile - Your files will be stored forever as long as you are a premium member. If you are a registered user without premium status, your files will be stored until at least 90 days after their last download.

TurboBit - For registered users, storage time will be automatically added - 60 days starting from the moment of the most recent file download. For Turbo Users, storage time will be automatically added - as many as 120 days starting from the moment of the most recent file download.

Ziddu - Your file will be deleted when it has not been accessed for more than 90 days or you use your delete option.

MediaFire - For free accounts, there is currently no time limit on how long uploaded files will be stored as long as you access your account (i.e. login to your account) or your files are being accessed (i.e. downloaded) or there is not an issue of warehousing (storing huge amounts of files without significant downloading activity). Every account is different and different accounts may become idle at different times. Four email notifications will be sent out prior to removing files from our servers for account inactivity.

BitShare - If you upload your files as premium - forever. If you upload them as guest or free user, they will be deleted after 190 days of inactivity. This means: if the file doesnt get any download in 190 days, the file will be removed.

Uploading.com- There is no time limit for files stored in a premium account. Files in a free account are stored for 4 months. Files of unregistered customers are stored for 3 months.

Credits

Thanks Altan,

The bottom line is simple, regardless which hosting service is used, odds are that a refresh will be required at some point.
    Agreed, creating a free, or subscribing to a premium account will extend the "life span", but that also leaves you open for potential D.M.C.A. harassment, and ultimately closure of your account due to "Terms of Service Agreement" breach.
    That's why I use FlashMirrors, it loads to more sites than other Multi Host services, so odds are the files will remain accessible longer. This said, FlasMirrors is also very inconsistent in respect to access and can be a pain in the ass, but it works for me.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Thanks Altan,

The bottom line is simple, regardless which hosting service is used, odds are that a refresh will be required at some point.
    Agreed, creating a free, or subscribing to a premium account will extend the "life span", but that also leaves you open for potential D.M.C.A. harassment, and ultimately closure of your account due to "Terms of Service Agreement" breach.
    That's why I use FlashMirrors, it loads to more sites than other Multi Host services, so odds are the files will remain accessible longer. This said, FlasMirrors is also very inconsistent in respect to access and can be a pain in the ass, but it works for me.

I didn't know flashmirrors but it seems to be a very powerfull tool, i'll give it a try next time i need to upload something.

Credits
    I use mirrorcreator.com and my favourite mirrors are JumboFiles, BitShare, FreakShare, ZippyShare, TwoShared and Ziddu.

These are the best for free-users, offering the fastest download speed and the longest file-hosting possible.

Credits

Hosting Sites

Gents,

Granted, we do not have a lot of good alternatives to mirror VOB's and M2TS files, but seriously, uploading to obscure sites that ask for your first born, and after going through a 3 ring circus, your DL is slower than a 2400 baud modem on a party line is just ridiculous.
    Please try to use mainstream or trusted hosting sites, better, multiple site uploads as much as possible (reference this thread). Doing so will at least guarantee that if your file gets deleted or expires, there are backup mirrors available. There is no fail-safe solution, but it's really useless to upload a file if nobody can get to download it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast