Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs up REVIEW: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (PG-13) starts out with a Hospital scene where an old woman on her deathbed asks her adult daughter to read from a diary of a man named Benjamin Button, a man who had the appearance of a 70 year old when he was born and as the years passes, he is aging backward.

To tell more would be to give the movie and its message away.

The movie is directed by David Fincher (Alien 3, Se7en, Fight Club, Panic Room) who is working against his type not having much experience directing an Epic film that requires deep storytelling.

The script is by writer Eric Roth (Forrest Gump, Ali, Munich) and the storytelling style is a bit Forrest Gumpesque without the humor.

Every scene is meticulously detailed; the dialogue is sharp; the cinematography brings out the life out of every frame in a movie where the underlying main message it's trying to convey is dark.

The acting by Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett and the supporting cast is crisp and unpretentious; there is even a beautiful musical soundtrack to add a touch melancholy to the movie.

Running at 167 min, by the time it ends, you didn't even feel like you been sitting there for almost 3 hours - the movie grabs your attention from the beginning and you won't even have time to be bored to look at your watch.

It will be hard to pick a Best Picture this year.

Both this movie and "The Changeling" are equally brilliant even if they are not in the same genre and both deserve a Best Picture.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is scheduled for wide release on December 25th and I have one word of advice:

bring lots of tissues.

I give it a 10 out of 10: only the 2nd film this year I give this highest rating (the other one being "The Changeling").

Credits
    Very good j7wild!

I think you should attend the early screenings and represent Movie-List more often.

j7wild Guest
    oh and Christina with the publicity company that organized the screening, she was most helpful and pretty too: mid 20s, dark hair, olive skin, brown eyes, nice GG, leather boots....

yummy!!

Last edited by j7wild; 11-26-2008 at 06:46 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    oh and Christina will the publicity company that organized the screening, she was most helpful and pretty too: mid 20s, dark hair, olive skin, brown eyes, nice GG, leather boots....

yummy!!

Now keep your mind on the task at hand, as a rep for ML you should behave in a professsional manner , and stick to reviewing the movie.
    It is our job to evaluate the surroundings, got any pictures ?

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    Now keep your mind on the task at hand, as a rep for ML you should behave in a professsional manner , and stick to reviewing the movie.
    It is our job to evaluate the surroundings, got any pictures ?
    I was with my wife, I couldn't be taking photos of strange women with my camera phone, could I?

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

I watched this again last night, first time in 3 years (time flies, doesn't it?!?) and my above review still stands!!

This movie (or the Changeling, the only other film in 2008 I gave a 10/10 to) should had won Best Picture, not that stupid movie about a bunch of Microsoft Support employees who won the lottery that only a handful of people have seen!!

Credits
    I would give it a 9.. It was a bit boring in between, but had a very emotional ending..

The chemistry between Brad and Kate is outstanding.. One of the highlights of the movie..