Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Dawn of The Planet of The Apes (May 2014)

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=89668

Release Date: May 23, 2014
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90888

20th Century Fox has announced a Memorial Day 2014 release for their upcoming Rise of the Planet of the Apes sequel, now officially known as Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Released last year, Rise of the Planet of the Apes was a box office smash, grossing over $480 million worldwide.

Rupert Wyatt, who directed the original, will return to direct with Scott Z. Burns, Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa providing the screenplay. Returning producers include Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.

j7wild Guest
    That's a long time to wait.

I'd rather did enjoy the first one and I was expecting the sequel to be out by 2013.

Credits
    If we can wait as long as we are for Prometheus and even The Hobbit,we can wait 2 years for this. Maybe they just got the script OK'd and production was just given the green light.

Credits
    Enjoyed the first one. I like that they haven't rushed it. That way they may come up with a good story.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=103972

Twentieth Century Fox announced today that principal photography is underway in New Orleans for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.

Andy Serkis, celebrated for his performance in the last film, reprises his role as Caesar. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes also stars Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty, Public Enemies, The Great Gatsby), Gary Oldman (The Dark Knight Rises, the "Harry Potter" films), Keri Russell ("The Americans," Mission: Impossible III), Toby Kebbell (The Prince of Persia, Wrath of the Titans, Rock N Rolla), Kodi Smit-McPhee (Let Me In, ParaNorman), Enrique Murciano (Traffic, Black Hawk Down), Kirk Acevedo (The Thin Red Line) and Judy Greer (The Descendants, Three Kings,13 Going on 30).

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is directed by Matt Reeves (Cloverfield, Let Me In). The producers are Peter Chernin, Dylan Clark (Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Oblivion), Rick Jaffa & Amanda Silver (Rise of the Planet of the Apes). Tom Hammel (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) is executive producing.

Credits