Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest
    Well, it's been almost 6 years since I posted this thread!

Any luck on getting the trailer now in VOB or MT2S or HD?

I found this related thread but the trailers posted there are just regular quality:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...ghlight=harbor

for those of you who are not Pearl Harbor trailer experts, this is the original trailer with the awesome Hans Zimmer "The Thin Red Line" movie score before it was pulled and redubbed with a crappy score:

Credits
    Steve Jablonsky's music isn't crappy... It was just a rush job done with orchestral samples and I think people were used to Journey to the Line so anything other than that would be considered bad. But Michael Bay actually liked Jablonsky's music so much, he wanted him to incorporate it into the film's score.

And the teaser uses original music from the film now (also by Steve Jablonsky).

j7wild Guest

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonMG View Post
    Steve Jablonsky's music isn't crappy... It was just a rush job done with orchestral samples and I think people were used to Journey to the Line so anything other than that would be considered bad. But Michael Bay actually liked Jablonsky's music so much, he wanted him to incorporate it into the film's score.

And the teaser uses original music from the film now (also by Steve Jablonsky).
    I still like the Hans Zimmer version better.

Would love to get a VOB or a HD or M2TS copy of it!

Credits
    Might do this as a little project on my next weekend. I once bought 35mm print of ST Generation trailer off ebay, then spent some cash to have it transferred to digibetacam. Then with some friend at the dvd industry i got it transferred to a pal dvd (speed up 24to25 fps).
    35mm teaser trailer u say? and it never made it into digital form on the net...

Credits
    After a quick check on the old threads to refresh my memory, there are teaser and trailer with hans zimmer score, right? Both are in different threads here but of sd/average quality, not HD or M2TS or VOB you preferred (for upgrade reason yes?)

Credits
    Right, both trailers originally used Journey To The Line from The Thin Red Line which was later replaced with music by Steve Jablonsky. The first trailer was replaced with music from the actual film that Jablonsky wrote, and then the second had The Crow by Graeme Revell and then the main portion of the trailer used a cue that Jablonsky spacificaly wrote for the trailer.

Credits
    The first trailer was replaced with music from the actual film that Jablonsky wrote…
    Sorry, but the Pearl Harbor score was composed by Hans Zimmer, too.

Credits
    Actually that part was Jablonsky. He wrote additional music for the film. Tracks 6, 8 and 9 on the soundtrack were by him (with the exception of the Japanese theme which I believe is by Geoff Zannelli)

Credits
    Actually that part was Jablonsky. He wrote additional music for the film. Tracks 6, 8 and 9 on the soundtrack were by him (with the exception of the Japanese theme which I believe is by Geoff Zannelli)
    He’s credited for additional arrangements. How do you know he wrote those three tracks?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Pile-Poil View Post
    He’s credited for additional arrangements. How do you know he wrote those three tracks?
    Because he told me, and no, I'm not kidding.

Credits
    Because he told me, and no, I'm not kidding.
    If you know some composers at Media Ventures, ask them why they (H. Zimmer, H. Gregson-Williams, S. Jablonsky, etc.) are cloning the same piece of music for twelve years now.

Credits
    You mean Remote Control now? Probably the same reason all of Williams' music sounds the same, and the same with Horner's and every other composer's. They're hired for a certain style. Some directors fall in love with a temp score and there's no way around it.

Credits
    You mean Remote Control now? Probably the same reason all of Williams' music sounds the same, and the same with Horner's and every other composer's. They're hired for a certain style. Some directors fall in love with a temp score and there's no way around it.
    Please, I’m begging you, do not compare one true musician like John Williams with the so-called composers at Remote Control Productions. Please.
    John Williams or late Jerry Goldsmith have a style, but not all their compositions sound the same. Not at all. If only the guys at Remote Control had ten percent of their talent…

Credits
    I'm sooo glad I don't share in your opinion. And yes, a lot of Goldsmith's music sounds the same. Sorry, but it does. And I even love the guy! The 'Burbs... absolutely amazing! And amazing synth worth as well (how many other scores have such amazing and crazy use of sound effects like that?!)

The people at remote control are true musicians too. It's just that their style doesn't appeal to you and that's ok. Everyone's different and that's what makes the world go around.

Credits
    "one true musician".... o_O

It's starting to sound like a religious take-over.

"Bow to the One True God, heathen!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast