Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation Good for you, Katie!!

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes split after five years of marriage: 'Tom is deeply saddened,' says actor's rep

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/tom-cruise...f-marriag.html

Good for Katie. She was happy and bubbly and after she married Tom, just about every paparazzi photo of her in public that I've seen, she looked unhappy! Not only that, she looked like she aged 20 years too in some of those photos. I bet Tom was a CONTROL FREAK over her and her daughter throughout her 5 years of Hell. Katie Holmes said in an interview when she was still on Dawnson's Creek, that one of her lifelong dream since she was a little girl is to grow up and Marry Tom Cruise. She got her dream wish but it didn't turn out to be HAPPILY EVER AFTER like she saw in the children's books! SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR BECAUSE YOU MAY JUST GET YOUR WISH AND IT'S NOT GOING TO BE PRETTY AND HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!

ask Nicole Kidman and Mimi Rogers; they both say that Tom made their life miserable during their marriages with him!!

Credits
    I've met some people who have got involved with dianetics/scientology and seemed to me reasonably balanced & happy but suspect they are a minority. It is certainly not a religion /cult i would ever consider
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

j7wild Guest
    Yup.

Tom and John (Travolta) are very balanced.

Credits
    Well at least Tom did not actually fall off Oprahs guest couch some years back. he came close though..........................

j7wild Guest
    By the way, Katie did have a prenuptial agreement with Tom stating how much $ she will get for each child she beared him and how much $ she will get for each year she stayed on to take care of the child and for each year (if they were to split) she took care of the child afterward.

The couple lives in Beverly Hills so California law will be applied to the separation of assets. California is a community property state, so normally a couple's assets must be split evenly in divorce. Any money earned would be split 50/50 as would any debt either Tom or Katie incurred during their marriage.

But like many celebrity couples, TomKat signed a prenuptial agreement before they tied the knot in 2006.

The Cruise-Holmes prenup wasn't made public but some details about it are known. Katie is entitled to $3 million for each year she was married to Cruise for a sweet total of almost $18 million according to reports from both Gawker and MSNBC. She also gets a "palatial" home in Montecito, California when the split is final.

Since the couple wasn't married for 11 years, the prenup explicitly states that community property laws won't apply to the divorce, MSNBC reports.

That means when the couple parts ways each will keep their respective earnings from the projects they've worked on since November 2006. That's in addition to the $3 million per year Cruise will give to Holmes.

j7wild Guest

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    lol...do you read the National Enquire too?

But seriously, celeb marriages almost never last. With a rare few exceptions. This is no surprise.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

My initial reaction to him then has not changed: he comes across like he's selling you something rather than being genuinely honest about his feelings for Katie Holmes. He's trying way too hard to convince the audience that he's found true love, when an informed viewer will have already read the true timeline and facts regarding their "romance" well before Cruise actually came on the show.

He looks like he's trying to sell you a Sham Wow or a bottle of vitamins that will cure everything that ails you. There is something fundamentally dishonest about this interview; there's nothing truly genuine about what he says or does. All of it comes across as an act. And I've been around long enough to have had people try and sell me sketchy products, or recruit me into New-Age religions, and at the core of every presentation was this sort of demonstration that Cruise puts on on Oprah's show; people who try and recruit you into pyramid schemes or other types of dubious plans use this sort of emotional cheer-leading to get you excited about what they're attempting to sell you because they know that the truth itself would not be enough.

Not only is Cruise a complete fraud in this clip, but so is the host and her audience. At that point Cruise could have spit-roasted a kitten right there on the stage and the mindless drones that Oprah calls her "audience" would not have raised one objection; they were too busy worshiping Cruise in the back of their mind. Cruise probably successfully recruited 5-10 new members from that studio audience for the Church just from that appearance alone, because it's the type of personality that would sit there and deify and objectify people such as Tom Cruise that are the most vulnerable to his cult recruitment efforts. And Oprah should have known better. She sat there and let him go on and on and on unchallenged; she was a totally willing accomplice to this fraud he perpetrated on the public.