Credits

Prometheus coming Oct. 9 2012

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Prometheus-Blu-ray/39475/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Promet...Blu-ray/39474/

I'll be out of town on vacation that week so I'll pick mine up when I get back.

Credits
    I wonder if that's going to be the theatrical cut or a director's cut.

**prays** for a director's cut.

Credits
    I had forgotten there is supposed to be a directors cut. Typically don't directors cuts get releases about 6 months later?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    I had forgotten there is supposed to be a directors cut. Typically don't directors cuts get releases about 6 months later?
    Dang.

Got to wait 9 months for it then.

Credits
    I wouldn't put much stock into that date yet. I think it's sort of like their placeholder date. There hasn't been an announcement yet. It's possible a director's/extended cut may be included with the initial release.

Credits

3 flavours so far for "North America"

Prometheus (Blu-ray 3D/ Blu-ray/ DVD/ Digital Copy)
    Prometheus (Blu-ray/ DVD + Digital Copy)
    Prometheus (DVD)

Pre-Order only, release date to be advised, no mention of Extended or Director's Cut on the Artwork.
    Possible Canadian Steelbook Exclusive, no talk about any exclusives in the US yet.
    I can see them milking this one dry, Initial basic release, then a Special Edition Directpr's Cut to double dip.

___

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    The artwork isn't final yet either (though I'd be surprised if it changed much), it's actually been up since before the movie even hit theaters (same with the preorder).

I can see them milking this too... The first thing Fox will screw up: No 7.1 audio. The film was released theatrically in 7.1 sound, but Fox has yet to release any of their Dolby Surround 7.1 titles in 7.1 on blu-ray.

Then there's the whole extended/director's cut thing. I believe Ridley said there's like 20 minutes he's thinking about adding to the movie. But he mentioned something about aiming to put butts in the seats in the theater which is why he cut this as short as he did. Well Ridley, you want to get more sales? Release an extended/director's cut. People have already seen the theatrical cut. Releasing an extended/director's cut would get people even more interested. And perhaps even some of the people that didn't like the movie will revisit it due to the new footage. Just sayin...

Credits
    http://www.slashfilm.com/prometheus-...d-from-ending/

Audiences walked out of Ridley Scott‘s Prometheus with numerous questions, many of which came from the opened ended nature of the ending. Reports and photos released after the film suggested a bunch of footage hit the cutting room floor and it seems that’s very much the case. A list of deleted scenes reportedly on the upcoming Blu-ray suggest 14 scenes running roughly 35 minutes (yes, “three” “five”) are on the disc, including 15 minutes of footage from the third act of the film. Wow. After the jump, check out the full listening including spoilery titles.

Thanks to Bleeding Cool for this list, which they report comes from the British Board of Film Classification. (An E-mail to Fox Home Entertainment to double check these was not returned as of press time.)

00:02:31:16 ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS
    00:00:58:05 T’IS THE SEASON
    00:00:42:08 OUR FIRST ALIEN
    00:00:42:14 SKIN
    00:01:22:01 WE’RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE
    00:02:57:01 STRANGE BEDFELLOWS
    00:01:25:04 HOLLOWAY HUNGOVER
    00:00:23:12 DAVID’S OBJECTIVE
    00:03:27:07 JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN
    00:03:40:12 A KING HAS HIS REIGN
    00:02:01:24 FITFIELD ATTACKS
    00:04:06:06 THE ENGINEER SPEAKS
    00:05:30:04 FINAL BATTLE
    00:05:05:19 PARADISE

Three of the titles really stand out: ”The Engineer Speaks,” “Final Battle” and “Paradise,” which run four minutes and six seconds, five minutes and 30 seconds and five minutes and five seconds respectively. The first two seems potentially revealing, but pretty self-explanatory, but something called “Paradise” taking place after the “Final Battle” sets off a huge red flag. Does that mean David and Shaw actually make it to the Engineer planet? That seems like the most obvious five minutes to go at the very end of the movie, right? How do these photos fit in?

Even if that’s not what happens, the fact that 15 minutes of footage was cut from the end of the movie is staggering and potentially disturbing. If the footage is something fans feel improves the movie, they might began questioning Scott’s choices as a director

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I wonder if that's going to be the theatrical cut or a director's cut.

**prays** for a director's cut.
    I was hoping for one as well but according to Ridley,this is the directors cut.

http://blastr.com/2012/10/revealed-what-ridley-scot.php

Ridley Scott's Prometheus came out with a big helping of hype, but it left some fans underwhelmed when it came to answers. With the Blu-ray release tomorrow, we've been promised answers—but there's one thing we won't be getting. Though it's not because the studio didn't try.

Charles De Lauzirika, who worked on the special features for the DVD release, revealed during a promo event that Fox asked Scott to make an extended director's cut for the home release, considering there are 35 minutes of alternate and deleted scenes included.

Turns out we've already seen the director's cut in theaters, and Scott has no plans to change that.

Here's the report, via Bleeding Cool:

"According to De Lauzirika, Scott was asked by Fox to make a new cut of the film for Blu-ray but refused, saying the theatrical version is his Director's Cut. There are some 35 minutes of altered, extended and unseen scenes in the set, but not edited into the film because Scott didn't want them in the film."

You have to respect Scott for leaving well enough alone with his vision. But I wonder how long it'll take for an intrepid fan to chop in some of those missing scenes and make our very own "extended" cut?

I guess I'll go ahead and get it tomorrow.

Credits
    I brought home the Blu-Ray yesterday.

There are a few deleted scenes (in Special Features) and alternate ending and beginning but that's it.

The movie's running time is the same as the Theatrical cut.