Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    If the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels are an indicator of the quality of Disney's brain trust, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for this seventh movie to be anything other than a bloated CGI disaster.
    LOL..just like Episodes 1 to 3. There is no going down hill after what Lucas gave us. No going down hill at all. Although Episode 3 was pretty decent.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

You thought Ep 3 was decent?

I couldn't stand Anakin's constant whining about how he can't trust anyone and how everyone was out to get him.

This is kind of the thing they should be doing...

Ancient Jedi vs ancient Sith. Huge, epic battles. No holds barred.

No more annoying characters!

No more cute little furry creatures!

No more constant preaching and whining and rhetoric and posturing.

Credits
    Yes, I thought it was decent. But I use the praise for that movie faintly. I suspect many of the issues you had with it are the same issues I have.

But if I may also add by saying that ever since A New Hope the Star Wars movies have been preachy. I'm surprised you didn't notice after all these years. I would even say that A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back are the preachiest of all the Star Wars movies. And those are the best ones. If you take out the preachy elements you take out some of the substance of Star Wars.

j7wild Guest
    Darth Vader: What are you going to do next?

j7wild Guest
    Teaser poster!!

Credits
    Darth Vader: What are you going to do next?

Yeah, this cheap marketing. Use a over one year old movie, cut the beginning and end and replace it with text panels.

j7wild Guest
    Where can I buy one of those Stormtroopers Uniform?

A real one made of heavy duty material and form fitting!

Not those cheap Halloween costumes replicas!

Credits
    Where can I buy one of those Stormtroopers Uniform?

A real one made of heavy duty material and form fitting!

Not those cheap Halloween costumes replicas!

Put your money where your mouth is.
    If you're serious about getting one, I can get you in touch with someone who makes them. They are the real thing, moulded from an original used during filming. You're talking between $1500.00 to $2500.00 the last time I heard.
    He lives for this stuff, he actually has one of the original Incom T-65 X-wing starfighter miniatures that was used, and the original Hans Solo in carbonite prop.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Put your money where your mouth is.
    If you're serious about getting one, I can get you in touch with someone who makes them. They are the real thing, moulded from an original used during filming. You're talking between $1500.00 to $2500.00 the last time I heard.
    He lives for this stuff, he actually has one of the original Incom T-65 X-wing starfighter miniatures that was used, and the original Hans Solo in carbonite prop.

Are the ones he has like these?

http://www.buystarwarscostumes.com/a...r-costume.html

Credits

No Idea, they all look the same to me, i'm not a Fanboy. All I know is that his suits are sought after and he sells a crap load of them. Regardless, let's keep the post on topic.

j7wild Guest
    Billy Dee Williams was on this week's new episode of NCIS.

It seems to me he disappeared after being in The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi.

The only movie I remember seeing him in after that was Batman in 1989.

Credits
    http://blastr.com/2012/11/george-lucas-reveals-how.php

After Lucasfilm's sale to Disney, the big question has been just how involved Star Wars creator George Lucas would be in the upcoming sequels. If a new interview with Lucas is to be believed, we have our answer—a lot.

In an interview explaining the deal, Lucas and Lucasfilm exec Kathleen Kennedy discuss the plan moving forward. Aside from reiterating that all those tie-in novels and comics are officially not continuity, Lucas explains what his role as "creative consultant" will be.

Essentially? He's going to have his fingerprints all over that script Michael Arndt (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Little Miss Sunshine, Phineas and Ferb) is putting together.

Credits
    Sounds like lucas will take on the role of "studio exec". There will be a cast and crew on the film, but the execs suddenly drop in and give them "notes".
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest
    How much to buy Lucas' permanent silence from the Star Wars franchise?

Credits
    Hopefully he is named a "studio exec" only to get some sort of paycheck for these movies. Plus, from what I hear the treatment is already based on some of his ideas. I hope that is all the "studio exec" title is for. Star Wars no longer needs Lucas as an active participant.

Anyone ever follow the stories that Bioware had for their videogames? Great, great Star Wars stories. Lucas would only step in to give a couple of ideas, or to say "yes" or "no" every now and then to what Bioware wanted to do. Star Wars storylines thrive when Lucas is in the back seat.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast