Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

Abrams has signed on to direct Episode 7?

He is a hack!

He is ruining the Star Trek franchise and now he is going to ruin the Star Wars franchise too!

He will be responsible for the downfall of the 2 biggest science fiction film franchises in celluloid history!

Get ready for a million annoying flare lens in Episode 7!!

Credits

It's Disney, just count yourself lucky they don't sign Depp to play Yoda.....

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

ABRAMS!!!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

i fear for the same.

Credits

I am also worried about this. There needs to be a petition to tell Abrams to NOT use lens flares in Star Wars

Credits
    He is ruining the Star Trek franchise and now he is going to ruin the Star Wars franchise too!

He will be responsible for the downfall of the 2 biggest science fiction film franchises in celluloid history!
    anyone know of a doctor that can give poor j7 some prozac ? holy cow ....

i mean, $257 BILLION dollars is really ruining the star trek franchise. probably shouldnt mention too that its opening weekend gross was better than most of the other star treks lifetime gross .... yeah, thats really ruining it.

also, the star wars universe has already been fugged up by lucas himself. he screwed up the original trilogy by the changes he did and he screwed up the second trilogy by using a stupid story line...

so please - take some prozac or another type of chill pill and wait, like the rest of us sane people - to see what happens.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

j7wild Guest
    #257 Billion?

Where did you get your figures from?

Credits
    miscounted ... $257 million.

point is still valid however - it did better than any other star trek movie

(adjusted for inflation)
    1 Star Trek $268,783,600
    2 Star Trek: The Motion Picture $254,968,400
    3 Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home $224,608,300
    4 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan $208,824,100
    5 Star Trek III: The Search for Spock $177,066,900
    6 Star Trek: First Contact $161,367,900
    7 Star Trek: Generations Par. $140,392,900
    8 Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country $139,228,900
    9 Star Trek: Insurrection $114,355,800
    10 Star Trek V: The Final Frontier $102,315,900
    11 Star Trek: Nemesis $57,263,000

Credits
    I am happy with the choice of JJ Abrams. He basically turned Star Trek from a Sci-fi into a 'Space Opera'. And that is what Star Wars is...a space opera.

My first choice though was to have Brad Bird. But Abrams will do quite well I think.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest

Thumbs up

Credit goes to Largo for finding this:

ROTFLMAO!!

Credits
    Disney confirms "Star Wars" Spin-Off Films. Disney Pictures CEO Bob Iger has confirmed talk that the studio is looking into "Star Wars" spin-off films that will be released independently of the new trilogy. Iger tells CNBC:

"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that are in development. I can confirm to you today that, in fact, we are working on a few stand-alone films. Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. There are going to be a few other films released in that time, too."

Now milking the cow starts really.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

They should let me write the script.

Lucas gave the Star Wars fans annoying Jar Jar and moody whiny Anakin.

I will put the Sex back in the S of Star and Wars!

I will give new meaning to MILKING the franchise!

If Episode 7-9 is going to show Leia and Han marry and have a daughter, there is only one actress fully qualified to play Jaina Solo.

Last edited by j7wild; 02-06-2013 at 02:00 PM.

j7wild Guest
    Watching "The Blues Brothers".

You got to admit it:

Carrie Fisher was pretty at one time.

p.s. I'm reading her IMDB bio:

I didn't know she was married to Paul Simon and she was also engaged to Dan AykroydI I knew she had an alcohol problem but I didn't know she was high on Cocaine during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back.

Credits
    Lucas confirms Fisher, Ford, and Hamill in talks for Star Wars return

Source:

The film series' original stars (below, at 2005 AFI tribute to Lucas) had hinted they would be up for reprising their roles in the outer-space adventure before, but Lucas made it seem as though at least a few members of the trio have already signed the dotted line.

In fact, they may have boarded "Episode VII," as its known to the Star Wars faithful, before Disney plunked down over $4 billion to buy Lucasfilm last December.

"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison -- or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on,'" Lucas told Bloomberg Businessweek when asked about whether he kept the actors in the loop about the Disney acquisition.

The Star Wars creator seemed to realize that he may have divulged too much, however.

"Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.” he added. “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.”
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest
    Mark will have to get on an exercise program.

I saw him last year in a low budget movie named Airborne and he looked real heavy.

Sure, some people do put on weight when they age - it's perfectly natural;

but Mark has gotten huge even for his small body frame!

Either the years haven't been good to him or he just hasn't been taking care of himself or both.

For someone who still gets a lot of work (according to his IMDB filmography), you'd think he would have the $ to at least get a gym membership, work out regularly and eat a sensible healthy diet.

Someone on another forum said (which I agree with):

I'm more alarmed that Lucas was allowed to speak on the record about Episode 7. I thought that he was completely gone from the series? I want the man as far away from the SW franchise as humanly possible. Luke/Leia/Han I can deal with, though hopefully JJ Abrams will use them in an appropriate manner, and not force them into the plot the way R2-D2, C-3PO and Chewbacca were forced into the Prequel Trilogy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast