Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Credits
    Well, unlike some people who hate everything for the sake of hating everything...I'm gonna wait and see how it turns out. I hope that this movie delivers something entertaining after Lucas pooped on his own franchise.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    More angry talk
    While I don't want this project to be rushed (unless they actually think they can create the movie they want in that short of time), isn't it possible that after Empire Strikes Back, Kasdan may have actually written a script or had an idea for a script and it's now being put in action?

There's no guarantee that the world will end with Disney handling this movie. There's no guarantee this is going to be a terrible movie, even with a release date more than two years out. It sucks they make movies like this now and it's somewhat backwards, but JJ Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan probably are pretty passionate about making this the best that they can in the time allowed and making fans happy. It'd be pretty hard to go lower than Episode I and II in my opinion, but I'll save judgment until I actually see the movie.

So far I've heard: this movie will suck because it's from Disney. This movie will suck because of JJ Abrams. This movie will suck because of the release date that's more than two years away. Maybe we actually should wait to see how this turns out. For all we know, the effects and things could even be in development right now to speed up the process for later on.

On a positive note, I believe John Williams will be returning.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Nooooo..... I want the familiar, iconic 20th Century Fox and Lucas Film logos and music!

http://www.thewrap.com/next-star-war...g-fox-fanfare/

Credits

And this is a revelation
    Get used to this, after all it's fitting: Wish Upon a Star "Wars"

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I hope they don't use that Disney opening. It's good for animated movies and such, but not fitting a Star Wars movie. Disney doesn't use it for Marvel movies so hopefully they come up with something unique for Star Wars.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    I hope they don't use that Disney opening. It's good for animated movies and such, but not fitting a Star Wars movie. Disney doesn't use it for Marvel movies so hopefully they come up with something unique for Star Wars.
    They may also alter it in some way to be more fitting. Or, they may introduce a new logo by then as well.

Credits
    Is anyone else amazed that now the complaint has moved onto "I don't like the opening logos"?

Credits

I'm personally pi$$ed off that they won't be using the same font type for the credits and such as they did in the original.

PS: After years in this forum, nothing amazes me anymore..... I think a good word substitution would be "Amused".

Credits
    Open casting call for two major parts in the film.

Www.opencastingcall2013.com

Can submit videos to Disney! If you know any guys or girls age 17-23, let me know!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest
    I guess this was the only way they could have a Luke, Leia, Han appearance:

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainmen...jedi_cast.html

Credits
    Cast confirmed - 6 original actors will be back!

From CNN
    The next "Star Wars" cast will include originals Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher reprising their 1977 roles.

"Star Wars: Episode VII" will pick up three decades after the "Return of the Jedi" episode's story with the same actors who played Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia, according to Disney, which bought Lucasfilm and its Star Wars film franchise two years ago.

Peter Meyhew will be in Chewbacca's Wookiee suit for a fifth film, while Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker return as robots C-3PO and R2-D2 respectively, the Disney announcement said.

"We are so excited to finally share the cast of 'Star Wars: Episode VII,' " director J.J. Abrams said. "It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."

New actors to the "Star Wars" franchise include John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow, the announcement said.

Composer John Williams, who has written scores for all six "Star Wars" films, will also create the music for the newest. The movie is scheduled to open around the world on December 18, 2015.
    So another way to put it

Luke Skywalker - Mark Hamill
    Carrie Fisher - Leia Solo
    Harrison Ford - Han Solo
    Peter Meyhew - Peter Meyhew
    Anthony Daniels - C3-PO
    Kenny Baker - R2-D2

Max von Sydow - Unknown
    Andy Serkis - Unknown

j7wild Guest
    Geriatric Star Wars?

j7wild Guest
    Want to win a free screening of Star Wars Episode 7 for you and 20 of your friends?

http://www.omaze.com/experiences/starwars-episode-vii

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/334...u-ray-unlikely

One of the wildest rumors to hit over the weekend was that Disney is planning to release the unaltered versions of the original "Star Wars" trilogy in a Blu-ray box set in time for the theatrical release of Episode VII.

The rumor came from Comic Book who claims the project has been in the works for sometime, but the condition of the negatives Disney is using has made the transfer process difficult. The hope would be to release in its complete, unaltered, original form without the redone special edition effects.

Unfortunately the report doesn't take into account numerous things, from Lucas' wishes to most notably the involvement of 20th Century Fox. As previously reported around the time of the 3D re-release of 'The Phantom Menace', Fox retains the distribution rights to the 1977 "Star Wars" film in perpetuity in all media worldwide. Fox also retains the theatrical, nontheatrical, and home video rights worldwide through May 2020 for the other five films. After that, they revert to Lucasfilm and Disney.

No mention is made of Fox or Lucas in the report, which makes its validity highly dubious. Lucas last commented on the original editions a decade ago, telling The Associated Press at the time:

"The special edition, that's the one I wanted out there. The other movie, it's on VHS, if anybody wants it. ... I'm not going to spend the-we're talking millions of dollars here, the money and the time to refurbish that, because to me, it doesn't really exist anymore. It's like this is the movie I wanted it to be, and I'm sorry you saw half a completed film and fell in love with it."
    That's a very arrogant thing for him to say considering that "half a completed film" made him a very very wealthy man!

I hate Lucas as much as I hate Microsoft and Apple and Disney and Wal Mart!

Credits
    You "hate" Lucas? That's harsh. I disagree with what he has done to his Star Wars creation, but I don't hate the man. Wow, that's real harsh.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast