Thanks Thanks:  2
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation A Public Service Announcement from me because I do care!

Check your smoke detectors, my friends! Make sure they are working! One of my neighbors left something cooking on the stove and then fell asleep. Whatever was on the stove caught fire and was burning down the kitchen area. Their smoke detectors didn't go off. Another neighbor who was out for an early morning jog (this was around 5:30 am) called 911 when he saw the smoke coming out from the kitchen window; he said he could also see flames through the kitchen window from outside. I went outside when the sound of sirens woke me up. I saw the FD banging on the door and no one answered. They had to break the door down with an axe. My neighbors were still sound asleep when the firefighters stormed into their house! If the FD didn't show up when they did, that would had been a permanent sleep for them!

j7wild Guest
    Those neighbors of ours are now living in a hotel while their house is being reconstructed on the inside. There is a pile of burned debris on their driveway and if you go and hop up on their fence and look in their backyard, there is another pile of burned debris on the back patio. Furthermore, 3 windows on the side and 1 window on the back is busted out. You can peek into the house through those windows if you looked in from outside at an angle and see parts of the walls and ceiling missing and a burned out shell. All that from a item left on the stove and forgotten and according to what I heard, it wasn't on the stove for too long either!