Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Trailers

Credits

Apple Trailers

Please tell me Apple hasn't stopped providing 1080p trailers. No download availability now either. The latest batch of trailers released today has neither of these options, and it looks like they're retroactively getting rid of past 1080p versions as well. Can we get an official word? Is this a glitch, or new policy? Really hoping it's the former...

Credits
    It's no longer linked, but if you tinker with the 720p URL, the 1080p trailers are still there.

Credits

I had suspected that something was up when they dropped the watermark, and as Krunk stated, the 1080p trailers are still available for now, but my guess is not for long, at least in a .mov wrapper.
    Since they now replaced the default player, to an embed, things got a lot harder figure out. They will probably follow suit with the rest of the crowd, after all mp4 is a newer format. Let's just hope they don't kill the quality by giving us bottom of the barrel stuff like Moviefone did.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Thanks for the heads up, guys. Hopefully the 1080p trailers stick around in some form or fashion. Can't believe Apple, of all trailer providers, decided to cut back.

Credits
    I download apple trailers from itunes when they're downloadable. By this i mean a lot of stuff in iTunes trailers section are mislinked/incorrect or whatever that made them undownloadable. Try the International Star Trek Into Darkness trailer download from iTunes trailer section, you'll know.
    The web access from apple.com/trailers, the links still works as it opens quicktime player where we can save as.
    But again, I prefer the itunes download as they maintain/preserve the metadata (poster and tags).

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by robshot View Post
    The web access from apple.com/trailers, the links still works as it opens quicktime player where we can save as.

Correction, anything after the Lone Ranger forward is using the new Secure Embed player, I assume this will be the process from this point on. Older trailers should be available for a certain time-frame, but usually get transferred to iTunes after a while or removed. Check any of the old Apple trailer threads in the forum, you'll see for yourself.

Credits
    Oh yes, I found the new Monsters Inc. Trailer is difficult to download. But using Download app with my iphone I can download the .m4v, the h720p.mov and h1080p.mov while they're not listed on the site.
    Also wondering why a lot of trailers download from iTunes interface not working. What are those apple guys doing with their links anyway.
    Also the filesize advertised on the 720/1080p link from itunes movie trailer links is not correct. The downloaded .mov is much smaller in size.

Credits

Getting the URL's and Saving using QT Player

For those who have not figured out how to get the DL links in order to "Save as" using the QT Player with Firefox:

1. Select the trailer you want.
    2. While in pause or playing, place your cursor in any area outside of the player and "Right Click"
    3. Select "View Page Info"
    4. Select "Media Tab"
    5. Scroll Down and watch the "Type field" for "Embed" as a line item (It's usually in Italics).
    6. Click on the line to select it, Right click and Copy.
    7. Open your QT player and paste the url, remove anything after the .mov, and you are done.

1080's are still available at this time, simply replace the 480 or 720 with 1080.

I would have given you an example, but doing so could have me banned..... The mods have no sense of humour.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

For those who have not figured out how to get the DL links in order to "Save as" using the QT Player with Firefox:

2. While in pause or playing, place your cursor in any area outside of the player and "Right Click"
    4. Select "Media Tab"
    5. Scroll Down and watch the "Type field" for "Embed" as a line item (It's usually in Italics).
    7. Open your QT player and paste the url, remove anything after the .mov, and you are done.

1080's are still available at this time, simply replace the 480 or 720 with 1080.
    And if you use a Download-Manager like FreeDownloadManager or similar:

8. Put an h before the numbers, like h480p / h720p / h1080p and now you can download the file.

I will never understand such decisions as these now from Apple.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

4. Select "Media Tab"

I would have given you an example, but doing so could have me banned..... The mods have no sense of humour.

Is there a way to do this without QuickTime (QT) player installed? I don't use QT especially in Linux/Debian.

FYI, http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/273...-june-3rd-2013 mentioned these recent removals.
    Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx) and Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net).

Credits
    Nowadays i use iphone/ipad with Downloads app to download apple trailers. I click-hold the watch button in Downloads browser, choose Copy, then paste/add the link to the dl manager. This will give the ...a720p.m4v version. I then paste and rename the targetfile to ...h720p.mov and h1080p.mov.
    Afterwards, copy them files via usb or wifi to my pc.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by robshot View Post
    Nowadays i use iphone/ipad with Downloads app to download apple trailers. I click-hold the watch button in Downloads browser, choose Copy, then paste/add the link to the dl manager. This will give the ...a720p.m4v version. I then paste and rename the targetfile to ...h720p.mov and h1080p.mov.
    Afterwards, copy them files via usb or wifi to my pc.
    Ah cool if one has an iDevice which I don't. Unless a sixth generation iPod nano can do it but I don't think so since it has no Internet and video support.

Credits
    Or you can just change your user-agent to match the iPad

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by krunk View Post
    Or you can just change your user-agent to match the iPad
    I tried "Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/531.21.10" and "Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; de-de) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/7D11" and they didn't make any differences. Apple's trailer web site still asked me to install QT.

Credits
    I've tried the following:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/531.21.10
    And when you right click Watch HD and copy the link, just change a720p.m4v to h1080p.mov and you're done

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast