Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Batman v. Superman - Dawn of Justice

Next Man of Steel will be Batman vs. Superman!

Snyder first confirmed that he is working on another Superman film, then brought out actor Harry Lennix, who played General Swanwick in Man of Steel, to read something:

"I want you to remember, Clark…in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…my hand…at your throat…I want…you to remember…the one man who beat you."

Oh yeah, that's a quote from Frank Miller's seminal comic The Dark Knight Returns, which pitted an aging Batman against a Superman who had turned government agent. Snyder noted that his film will not be a Dark Knight Returns adaptation, but will draw inspiration from it. All this hints that we're not just getting a Batman/Superman teamup. We're getting Batman vs. Superman!
    More info here
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Zack Snyder to meet with Frank Miller, author of The Dark Kight (and Batman vs. Superman)

Director Zach Snyder has his hands full trying to put together the first big-screen meeting of Batman and Superman, but it sounds like he’s calling in the big guns to figure out the details.

A report from The Independent indicates Snyder has set up a meeting with legendary comic writer and artist Frank Miller to discuss the project, which sounds like a very smart move. Why? Because Miller wrote the comic arc they’re looking to for inspiration with the script.

Among his myriad accomplishments, Miller is the mastermind behind The Dark Knight Returns comics, which pitted Batman vs. Superman in an epic battle of brains and brawn. The quote used to announce the film (“I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come. In your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you”) was one of Miller’s signature lines from the comic.

The collection is revered as one of the best Batman stories ever written, and it’s nice to see that Snyder is open to advice from the master as he starts putting the pieces together. It’d be interesting to be a fly on the wall to hear what Miller has to say about the project, but if nothing else we can take some comfort from the fact that he’ll at least be involved in an auxiliary role.
    Source

Credits

Credits
    Surprising. I think I like it.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    Someone at Warner Bros' Greenlight Department been smoking crack!

Considering how sucky Dark Knight Rises was and how mixed (mostly bad) the reviews were for Man Of Steel, I won't be watching this Batman reboot/remake/spin off or whatever the hell it's supposed to be nor do I care!

I still want to know why Batman's voice changes (in the Nolan's movies) when he is wearing his mask.

The mask is not covering his mouth!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    and how mixed (mostly bad) the reviews were for Man Of Steel
    lol..since when do you care what the critics think? You're the guy who loves, loves, loves Michael Bay movies and his movies have been critical failures (with one exception).

But in all seriousness, are there any Superhero movies that you've enjoyed? I can't recall from past posts if there were. I only ask out of curiousity because there seems to be this detestation from you with the Superhero genre.

Credits
    Someone at Warner Bros' Greenlight Department been smoking crack!

Considering how sucky Dark Knight Rises was and how mixed (mostly bad) the reviews were for Man Of Steel, I won't be watching this Batman reboot/remake/spin off or whatever the hell it's supposed to be nor do I care!

I still want to know why Batman's voice changes (in the Nolan's movies) when he is wearing his mask.

The mask is not covering his mouth!
    Did you pay attention during the movie? It's to be intimidating and also disguise his voice.

Still not sure what I think of this movie though. I actually don't have much (if any) desire to see this movie...

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post

But in all seriousness, are there any Superhero movies that you've enjoyed?
    Yes. The Spider Man Trilogy by Sam Raimi. X-Men First Class. The Watchers. Kick-Ass. Iron Man 1. Thor. The Hellboy movies.

Heck, I'd even enjoyed Captain America.

It's been all downhill lately. The market is getting glutted with too many Superhero/Comics based films every year.

You know what they say: Every thing in Moderation. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing.

Credits
    Yes. The Spider Man Trilogy by Sam Raimi. X-Men First Class. The Watchers. Kick-Ass. Iron Man 1. Thor. The Hellboy movies.

Heck, I'd even enjoyed Captain America.

I think he meant "Watchmen", but none of those were not without serious criticism back then anyway.
    J7wild rules are:

1. A movie must be from the 80's to be praised, otherwise everything else sucks.

2. All war movies are good, because he likes war movies.

3. A movie must have gratuitous T&A throughout, I guess that's why he likes the 80's...., sure as hell was not the acting.

4. A movie can only be entertaining if it's realistic and makes sense, which obviously rules out 99.9% of the offerings because the rest of us go see movies to escape reality, that's what documentaries are for BTW.

5. If I don't like it, the rest of the world won't either.

I do have to agree that the Superhero hype is getting out of hand, not that I don't find them entertaining, but seriously!!!!
    There is such a thing as overkill, and personally I can see the whole thing imploding like the "Found Footage" movies.
    Yes, there are always fanboys to support their favorite characters, but the reality is that the movies demand big budgets, and there are only so many fanboys. Throw in a year of mostly Superhero stuff like 2015 is shaping up to be, and people will start watching HBO for something different.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    I see I am not the only one who doesn't approve of AFLUCK being the next Batman.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fans-pe...164352377.html

Credits
    Many fanboys and fangirls seem to not have forgiven him for Daredevil and Gili. I say this having visited many geek sites. Of course this isn't true for everyone who doesn't like the idea of Affleck as Batman, but for those who still hold those movies against him it's time to move on. He's made and starred in some exceptional movies lately. To me he's proven himself as a capable actor and maybe even a great filmmaker. He was my number one choice to direct a Superman movie. I wish he didn't turn it down. I'm hopeful he will eventually consider directing Justice League now that he is onboard as an actor. This man knows how to make good cinema.

Credits
    People are forgetting that this isn't the batman that Christian Bale portrayed. This is Bruce Wayne, but older, more cynical...but still a brillant and formidable fighter. Christopher Nolan wouldn't be involved with a project if unsuitable actors were involved. Mr. Affleck is no longer the actor he was when he did Daredevil. Look to Argo, The Town, and Company Men for the type of acting that I believe landed him the part.

Credits
    Wonder Woman has been cast. The new WW is Gal Gadot.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112057

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...movie/3869533/

She was first fast and furious. Now Israel actress Gal Gadot is looking positively wondrous.

Warner Bros. Pictures confirmed Wednesday that Gadot, 28, has been cast to play Diana Prince, and her superhero alter ego Wonder Woman, in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Man of Steel follow-up. The as-yet-untitled movie, scheduled for release July 17, 2015, features Henry Cavill in his second stint as Superman (and Clark Kent) and Ben Affleck, who's making his movie debut as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Credits
    Well, might as well call it Justice League now. I hope that they have enough time to put more muscle mass on Gal Gadot because recent pics show her as super skinny.

Credits
    They will put CGI muscles on her plus some height and the problem is solved ....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast