Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits

Well, all this being irrelevant since the choice is made, it now appears that being a veteran actor was not the main criteria for the part.
    She may have the skills to pull it off, but I think it's a poor choice, she looks more like a "Princess" than a "Warrior Princess of the Amazon".
    In retrospect, Gina Carano would have been a better choice, she has more acting experience for one (More, not Great), the body and height, and definitely the moves and fighting skills for the job.
    This will probably be an introduction role for Wonder Woman, but if the movie is a success, I have my doubts that Gadot would be able to carry an entire franchise.

After all, if Superman can now take a life in a hand to hand match, I'm all in for a good similar Ass Whoopin' time from Wonder Woman.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Being a warrior, Wonder Woman has killed on various occassions in the comics when she deemed it necessary. This could be an interesting dichotomy between Batman who rejects killing and Wonder Woman who feels that it is neccessary at times. Maybe this is one way Superman's actions in the Man of Steel could be addressed in the sequel.

Hopefully Gardot works out. I've been wanting to see Wonder Woman on the big screen for a long time.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Actor Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo - Game of Thrones) up for important role in film

From Hollywood Reporter

Jason Momoa is in negotiations to join the cast of the untitled Batman-Superman movie being made by Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Zack Snyder is directing the Man of Steel follow-up, which is quickly turning into a who’s who of DC superheroes as Momoa joins Henry Cavill as Superman, Ben Affleck as Batman and Israeli supermodel and relative newcomer Gal Godot as Wonder Woman.

It's unclear whom Momoa will play due to the Kryptonite lock on the project’s details. There's been speculation that the movie's villain could be Doomsday, a Kryptonian scientifically engineered into an intergalactic killing machine. Doomsday famously “killed” Superman in the comics, which became a media event in 1992. The character's existence is even hinted in the extras of the Man of Steel Blu-ray.

However, a source speculated that if Warners is populating the movie with members of the Justice League, Momoa could also play the Martian Manhunter, a super-powered alien trapped on Earth. Momoa, with his muscular physique, could be a fit for either character.

Momoa played the barbarian leader Khal Drogo in the first season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, as well as Conan in 2011’s Conan the Barbarian. He’s got several indies in the works, including Wolves, a werewolf action movie written and directed by David Hayter.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    From Hollywood Reporter:

Argo Writer to rework Goyers Script

Warner Bros. is bringing Argo writer Chris Terrio into the Batman-Superman universe.

The Oscar-winning writer, who recently changed agencies from CAA to WME, has been brought in to write a draft of the Man of Steel follow-up, the untitled Batman-Superman movie.

Terrio has a strong relationship with the studio and the film's star Ben Affleck. Affleck directed and starred in Argo, which won last year's best picture Oscar for Warners.
    Good news in my opinion. Even though Terrio took liberties with the facts in telling his story in Argo, the script was solid and engaging. This has got to be Ben Afflecks influence in getting Terrio on board. I was hoping that Affleck would take a bigger part in the DC's movies by bringing in some of the talent he has worked on in his recent movies. Personally, I think that Affleck has turned into one of Hollywood's better filmmakers. The bigger role he has in creating these movies the better. I hope he directs some DC movies in the near future. Wonder Woman perhaps.

Credits
    Interesting news. I think that Eisenberg could pull off a great Lex Luthor. Not sure about Jeremy Irons as Alfred. I've type cast him as a villian so I guess I gotta try get over that.

Jesse Eisenberg cast as Lex Luthor

Jesse Eisenberg, say goodbye to that curly head of hair.

The Oscar-nominated star of The Social Network has been cast as the Man of Steel’s ultimate foe in Warner Bros. upcoming Batman/Superman film, the studio announced today.

He’ll be joined by another actor with Academy Award history: Jeremy Irons (won won Best Actor for 1990′s Reversal of Fortune) will co-star opposite Ben Affleck’s Batman as his butler and confidante Alfred Pennyworth in the upcoming Zack Snyder-directed film.

Credits
    Official Title Released

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

(maybe it's a legal thriller?)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Official Title Released

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

(maybe it's a legal thriller?)
    There is "v." in the title which is apparently the legal abbreviation of versus (with vs. being the common abbreviation) and the word Justice so it almost does sound like it could be a legal thriller haha....

Ugh. I don't know how I feel about this movie. Why couldn't they have made at least one more Superman movie before doing this? Christopher Nolan's trilogy is too new and fresh for them to be changing it/adding onto it/rebooting it/whatever in the crap this would even be called. And I enjoyed a lot of Man of Steel. Not so much the last 35 minutes or so where they had as much destruction as all of Michael Bay's Transformers trilogy combined... But the softer, more emotional elements.

Credits
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1512465_243834772483777_1248678412637611051_n.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	390.7 KB 
ID:	18137

Here's the official logo apparently.

Credits

Who said this was Superman 2?

Let's look at Marvel, they introduce characters with stand alone movies, and then release an Avengers movie with the combined characters and adding others, so far proven to be very successful (and profitable), next characters "Guardians of the Galaxy".

Why would DCU not follow in the same winning combination?

Let's forget about Green Lantern and other failures for the time being, but focus on the latest ones, Dark Knight, followed by Man of Steel, if this was Marvel the next one would be a Justice League Feature.

Let's breakdown the official title: Batman v. Superman - Dawn of Justice

Batman v. Superman: It's not Superman v. Batman, it's the other way around, which in my view would actually make it a Batman movie..... Unless the second part makes it irrelevant, i.e. "Dawn of Justice" translating to "The Beginnings (Dawn) of Justice League (Justice)".
    I might be totally way off base, but we are also forgetting that Gal Gadot playing Wonder Woman is also part of this, think about it.

Last edited by jacques1400; 05-25-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Fixed Typo

Credits
    Personally I'm looking forward to this movie. I've wanted to see Batman and Superman in a movie together for the longest time. Having Wonder Woman on the big screen is icing on the cake. I suspect her role in this movie will be minor. I imagine she will have a bigger role in the Justice League movie.

I do eventually want another Superman solo movie, but that will probably happen after a Justice League movie. A solo Wonder Woman movie would be awesome too.

I'm crossing my fingers that they have a solid screenplay for this, otherwise I will be very disappointed in 2016.

Credits
    Also, I love this outfit. The Dark Knight Returns come to life.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BenBatman.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	419.7 KB 
ID:	18138

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post
    Who said this was Superman 2?

Let's look at Marvel, they introduce characters with stand alone movies, and then release an Avengers movie with the combined characters and adding others, so far proven to be very successful (and profitable), next characters "Guardians of the Universe".
    Perhaps you are thinking of Guardians of the Galaxy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/show...axy-%282014%29

Credits

@Hardcore

Yep, my bad, typo.....
    Too many universes, think one thing, write another.

Credits
    I can't seem to keep Edge of Tomorrow and Edge of Darkness straight... I mean to say Tomorrow but I always say Darkness. Dang words...

Credits
    Well, here's the official pic of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman from the San Diego comic con. I hope that they brighten up the outfit a bit, but overall I like it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WWLarge.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	501.5 KB 
ID:	18433

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast