Thanks Thanks:  1

Thread: Mamiwata (2014)

Credits

Mamiwata (2014)

Hey, guys! Some days ago I ran into this new movie, called Mamiwata. It’s not out yet, but I read that they’re gonna start their production soon and it’s going to be released in 2014. I love their synopsis and I wanted to share this with you. It’s based on the myth of the African mermaid Mamiwata and the hallucinogenic effects of Iboga, a plant which has the power to take you to the spirits world.

I’ve read a lot about this and since I am passioned about mythology, mermaids, paranormal phenomena etc. I think this movie will be great. I found them on twitter. They are pretty active. Hope this helps!

What other movies are going to be released in 2014?

Credits
    Interesting concept for the film. From their website www.mamiwatafilm.com
    It’s the chance of a lifetime.

Deep within the heart of the African continent exists a mystical plant called Iboga. During Bwiti ceremonies, the roots from this shrub are used to concoct a potion that transports initiates over to the spirits’ world. Once there, the initiate comes face-to-face with Mamiwata—the feared and revered Spirit of The Ngounie River—who decides their fate. For some, the alleged encounter leads to a fulfilling and prosperous life; for others, it brings calamity and death.

Like many scientists, Nathan Dale dreams of a breakthrough in one of the world’s most complex illnesses—drug addiction. When an old colleague summons him to study the Iboga root, he seizes the opportunity and embarks on a research trip to Mouila, Gabon. Along with his best students—Matt, Emily, Megan and Andy—he hopes to finally make a difference in the war against drug addiction.

At first everything seems to go as planned. But as their research brings them deeper into places even the Gabonese villagers themselves fear to disturb, they learn that Iboga is not just a candidate for drug addiction treatment; for the natives, it is a gateway to the spirits’ world.

When hallucinations start to devour the scientists’ reality, they lose their ability to distinguish the world in which they exist. Soon the line between the spirits’ world and reality becomes blurry. Will they find the way out? Only the Spirit of The Ngounie River knows if they are worthy enough to survive.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar