Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Star Wars: Episode III news

http://www.comingsoon.net

Producer Rick McCallum updated Star Wars Magazine (issue 42) about Star Wars: Episode III.

"We're really moving now," he says, "I just did a round-the-world trip. I finalized the deal at the studio in Sydney. We met some new crewmembers who will be joining us, including a new set decorator, Richard Rogers. Peter Russell, our Art Director, has already started, but the main bulk of the team will begin in January."

The magazine says that the concept designers are hard at work designing the worlds of "Episode III" and the images should be leaping into action as you're reading this. "We've got our animatics artists starting to work soon... They'll start working on the first of the action sequences for Episode III. Then the pedal will be to the metal all the way through to the time we start shooting."

All of the work, however, is proceeding without a finished script, but that doesn't stop the veteran producer. "Obviously, I would give anything in the world to have the script. But I don't have it. That's the reality I have to work under. That's the challenge for all of us - not to lose our minds before we get it."

The article goes on to say that Costume Designer Trisha Biggar has been hard at work with Concept Designer Ian McCaig at creating costumes for the next prequel. The costume department began work in mid-November in Sydney, Australia. "We'll probably make another 1,200 costumes, so it's a serious operation," says McCallum. "George has approved about 10 of them". Lucas only consults on those costumes designated for the principal characters.

Designer Gavin Bocquet has another big task to face. He recently visited Skywalker Ranch to confer with McCallum and the other filmmakers, and now he's off to work on two new vehicles at Elstree Studios. McCallum says that Bocquet has "lots of planets and vehicles" to work on. "Remember, everything has to be designed in a Star Wars world".
    i want Darth Vader!
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Yikes. Working without a script? Well when designing costumes and some props I think you can make some assumptions. But I guess you can't get too specific.

Cool info. :big grin:

Credits
    yikes!!! I better join the crew quick
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    wooohooo! ...dance all over the place! :big grin:

Credits

Re: Star Wars: Episode III news

i want Darth Vader!
    So do I!

Credits
    Does anyone know who's writing the script and/or directing? I just hope 'George Lucas' is the answer to neither of those questions.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Does anyone know who's writing the script and/or directing? I just hope 'George Lucas' is the answer to neither of those questions.
    Luca$

Credits
    Thanks. That's soooo reassuring. But even you can agree with me JM. Is Empire not better than Phantom? Hell, is Jedi not better than Phantom?

Credits

Thumbs down

I'm not looking for this movie. Really dissapointed with the last two. I don't think that Ep. III will be masterpiece either. You can't do good movie if you are thinking only about how many bucks it will get in box-office.

Credits
    Originally posted by blugh
    Thanks. That's soooo reassuring. But even you can agree with me JM. Is Empire not better than Phantom? Hell, is Jedi not better than Phantom?
    Well for me in order it would be

Attack of the clones
    Empire strike back
    Return of the Jedi
    A new hope
    Phantom menace

Credits
    Originally posted by Equinox
    You can't do good movie if you are thinking only about how many bucks it will get in box-office.
    Hmmm... well it's YOUR oppinion. Lucas is doing his movies for $$$ hell the man is zillionnaire!! and if he was after $$$ so much he would have done Episode I, II and III waaaay before and would be doing now Episode 7, 8 and 9 like he was suppose to do in the first place.

Credits
    My List...

<center>
    Return of the Jedi
    Empire strike back
    A new hope
    Attack of the clones
    Phantom menace</center>

Credits
    Originally posted by Jedi Master
    Hmmm... well it's YOUR oppinion. Lucas is doing his movies for $$$ hell the man is zillionnaire!! and if he was after $$$ so much he would have done Episode I, II and III waaaay before and would be doing now Episode 7, 8 and 9 like he was suppose to do in the first place.
    Ha-ha, Lucas creating movies not for money, that's funny to hear. He creating movies because it's his artistic expression LOL. Star Wars toys are producing not for money either, I suppose. And you don't need to pay $30 for QuickTime6 to view fullscreen Ep. II trailers.
    He didn't had much free time in the past because he did Indiana Jones trilogy. If you saw EP I documentaries, Lucass explained that he waited so long becase CGI tehnology wasn't good enough. But please explain why he released EP I on VHS first, and only after that on DVD? Because fans like you gave him money for VHS *AND* DVD.

Credits
    ... and DVDs are made with extras. Those extras cost $$$ to make. Please the fans. Spend money to make $$$

True... Lucas said that episodes 1 to 3 he couldn't do cose of censorship and technology costs.

Credits
    You put clones #1, JM? I couldn't do that. Granted, it has some truly kick-ass action, but the acting and writing is too awful for my taste. Here's my list:

Jedi
    New Hope
    Clones
    Empire(best written, best directed, but boring)
    Phantom

What Lucas did with Ep 1 is no different from what Pete Jackson did with Fellowship.

Of course these movies are all about money. EVERYTHING in hollywood is all about money. But last I checked, you didn't need to pay for QT6.

And the extras are worth payin' extra. I almost get pissed when I get a DVD as a gift and it doesn't have much in the way of features.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast