Thanks Thanks:  1
    Credits

Channing Tatum has met with X-Men producers to play Gambit

From Superherohype.com

Back in September of last year, Channing Tatum made a bit of a splash when he admitted to wanting to play the X-Men character Gambit, and now it seems that might actually be happening. Speaking with MTV (via /Film), Tatum confirmed that he has met with "X-Men" producer Lauren Shuler Donner, who has been involved in the casting for every single "X-Men" film.

"I met with Lauren Shuler Donner. And I would love it. Gambit is really the only X-Man I’ve ever loved. I mean I’ve loved them all, they’re all great, but I guess from being down south – my dad’s from Louisiana, I’m from Mississippi, Alabama, Florida – I don’t know. I just related to him. He’s just kind of suave… He’s the most un X-Men X-Man that’s ever been in X-Men. Other than maybe Wolverine, who’s like the anti-hero. He’s a thief. He’s not even a hero. He’s kind of walking the line of grey…He loves women and drinking and smoking and stuff so he’s just a cool guy who happens to have a moral center….I hope it [comes together]. You never know it’s a weird industry. If the stars align, I would die to play it. I’m already working on the accent. It’s crappy at the moment."
    Unclear which movie yet, but it is exciting!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    CONFIRMED! Tatum has been cast as GAMBIT!!!!!!!!! (unclear which film as of yet though...)

Credits
    He should be a good choice. Charming and a bit of a rebel, he fits the part.

Too bad about Taylor Kitsch not getting the part (he played Gambit in the Wolverine movie)

Credits
    I hope he does an exaggerated Cajun accent. That would be awesome in my opinion.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."