Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

The Interview (2014)

************ Click Poster for Larger Size ************

Cast:

James Franco, Seth Rogen, Randall Park, Lizzy Caplan, Diana Bang, Tommy Chang, Charles Rahi Chun, Dominique Lalonde, Timothy Simons, Steve Chang, Anesha Bailey, Harrison Lee, Aubrey K. Miller, Mercy Malick, Justin Lee, Alice Wetterlund, Reese Alexander, David Diaan, Stacey Turner, Crystal Lee, Thomas Cadrot, Scott Seol, Jason Cox, James Yi, Paul Bae.

The Film

Dave Skylark (James Franco) is king of the celebrity interview and host of the hit night time talk show "Skylark Tonight." The brain behind Dave's empire is his producer and best friend, Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen). Unfulfilled, Aaron yearns to do meaningful work. He scores the chance of a lifetime when he secures an interview for Dave with Kim Jong-Un, the mysterious and ruthless dictator of a nuclear-armed North Korea. As Dave and Aaron prepare to leave for North Korea, they are approached by the CIA and asked to assassinate Kim. They accept the mission, becoming two of the least qualified men ever to assassinate - or interview - the most dangerous man on earth.

Social

The Interview

Trailer(s) Apple HD & Official YouTube Encodes

Apple HD Encodes Available HERE, no Direct Links

"sony_pictures/theinterview/theinterview-tlr1_hxxxp.mov" 480/720/1080

Click ClipConverter Logo to Download Video

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	interview.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	18203  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 12-17-2014 at 06:26 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    North Korea threatens war over Hollywood movie

http://time.com/2921071/kim-jong-un-...-james-franco/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-28014069

That idiot, what's his name?

Jong?

He must think the movie is made by the U.S. Government.

Does he not know we have an industry here called Hollywood?

Does he also not know we have something here in the U.S.A. called Freedom of Expression and Free Speech and movies are protected under Free Speech?

Does he also not know that most movies are work of fiction? Does he know what the meaning of the word fiction is?

I never heard of this movie until this week and it's not scheduled for release until October.

I want to see it!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    North Korea threatens war over Hollywood movie

He had the same comments about the remake of "Red Dawn", and technically North Korea is one of the few counties, if not the only, that is still at war since no peace treaty was ever signed after the ceasefire was declared and a DMZ formed, Circa 1950/51.

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post

Does he also not know we have something here in the U.S.A. called Freedom of Expression and Free Speech and movies are protected under Free Speech?
    As you state yourself "Here in the U.S.A.", i.e. US Territory ONLY, least among them China and Korea, unless you want to get shot, tortured or both.
    As a matter of fact, you should probably also mention it to Tommy Earl Daves from Texas, who claimed his 2Nd amendment rights while being incarcerated trying to cross into Canada with a fully loaded 9mm.

http://www.cjob.com/2014/06/24/gun-s...rder-crossing/

Credits

Exclamation New!!!!!

Official YouTube Encodes of the International Trailer

Different Cut Than Domestic with Added/Replaced Material

Credits
    WSJ also asks me to login or subscribe to view the full article, too.

IMDb links to a Variety article:
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/so...as-1201382032/

Ars Technica article:
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...the-interview/

The warning post that provoked Sony to cancel the premiere looks very incoherent and a total nightmare for English teachers (I'm not an English teacher but I got a headache in the first sentence).

Sony has to release details about the future of the film's release, whether it will debut next year in theaters or just straight to DVD/BD/Digital HD.

EDIT: update:
    They're actually thinking (but not decided yet) about premium VOD release.
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/so...ve-1201381920/

Credits
    I had zero interest in this movie. Even after all the hoopla I still have no interest in ever watching it. But that being said....I think it was a mistake by the theatre chains and from Sony to give in to this moronic dictator. They basically gave him power to censor within America. Now a precedent has been set so that any maniac can threaten Hollywood and start censoring whatever they want.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits

The reality of it is simple, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In these days of legal extravagances were everyone sues for every single little thing, in many cases simply for greed in my mind, but claiming rights and amendment violations, or simply to re-assure the public that the actions were taken on their behalf in order to prevent any future similar occurrences from happening, the actions were necessary.

The Dark Night Rises incident had nothing to do with the Studio or the movie theater itself, yet to this day, both are still battling court cases costing millions with no end in sight.

This said, imagine the consequences of anything happening either related or not, at a showing of the movie.
    Some wack job somewhere, who want's his 5 minutes of fame could simply decide that this is the perfect opportunity to go ape at everyone's expense, after all the Korean voices in his head told him so.....

Imagine you and your family watching an unrelated feature in #3, and someone creating an incident in #5 of a multiplex where "The Interview" is playing? I can read the headlines now:

Theater chain should have warned customers.
    Everyone knew, why did nobody take extra security measures?
    Sony's greed cost innocent lives.

You get my drift, so it has nothing to do with complying with "Demands", after all it's up to the various government agencies to deal with terrorism, crime, and anything of illegal nature. But the opportunistic greed of some, and the actions of many made it impossible for Sony to chance a release without a possibility of having innocent people put in harms way, and a major public outcry destroying their reputation.

It's only a movie, are the possible consequences worth it?
    Why test it, after all the movie can easily be released on various other media anyway can it not?

This is what our world has become, simply because someone needs to be found accountable for everything on any perceived wrong done. Sony decided to take the well being of individuals instead of profit, so I ask you, if you were Sony, would you take the chance??

Credits
    What you say is true, but now every wackjob can make the same threat and see similar results. Like I said...a precedence has been set. Now we know that these theatres and movie studios will acquiesce to these types of threats.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    What you say is true, but now every wackjob can make the same threat and see similar results. Like I said...a precedence has been set. Now we know that these theatres and movie studios will acquiesce to these types of threats.

That's a distinct possibility, but it's not a precedent, after 911, many movies were delayed or modified prior to release because they contained footage of the twin towers or subject matter deemed sensitive because of it.

Gangster Squad was delayed and some parts cut because of the Dark Knight Rises shooting.

Salman Rushdie had/has a price on his head for "The Satanic Verses" and that's just off the top of my head.

Agreed, these examples were after the fact, but lets remember that North Korea (If indeed they were involved) is not a single individual, but a country.
    A country that is still technically at war with the US backed South since no treaty was ever signed ending it.

Similar to any threat against the president is taken seriously, no matter how ludicrous it is, why take the chance for a stupid movie which might have bombed anyway.

Credits
    Well in regards to "satanic versus" I was talking specifically about the movie industry not having any precedence like this. My apologies if I was not clear about that. Like you said...those movie examples were after the fact. I admit my knowledge of movie history might not be as good as other people so I ask out of curiousity, has any movie ever been cancelled because of a threat against the movie industry or theatres it carries?

Credits

To my knowledge this is a first in the movie industry under these circumstances, so I guess you are correct on stating precedence.
    But on the other hand, there could have been more to the story as well, after all we don't know to what extent Sony got hacked.
    The film was just over 40 million to make, definitely not blockbuster figures.
    I still believe that Sony took the appropriate measures, the film is made and simply shelved, if need be it can always be released later on once the authorities have time to complete their investigations.

j7wild Guest
    Sony now says it will be released in limited theaters on Christmas Day.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...sday/20808469/

I wasn't going to see this. I saw the preview trailer in the theater months ago and I thought it looked stupid. But now after what happened, I will go see it just to show that little NK child that we Americans are not afraid of him!

Credits

Credits

Cool Everything is Back!!!!!

Official YouTube Encodes of Trailers, Spots, Clips, Featurettes

Credits

Smile Everything is Back!!!!!