Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation Comedian Robin Williams dead at 63

This is a HUGE loss of a comedian. He was groundbreaking in many of his roles, and proved he was not only immensely funny, but also an incredibly talented actor.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/1...ms-dead-at-63/

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that his death was a suicide, a rep did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus, and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love. His sitcom The Crazy Ones premiered on CBS last fall, but was not picked up for a second season.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

Update: Fox, which will release the third Night at the Museum film, has issued the following statement: “There really are no words to describe the loss of Robin Williams. He was immensely talented, a cherished member of our community, and part of the Fox family. Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. He will be deeply missed.”
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Credits
    Shocking news and very sad. I enjoyed many of his movies. As far as his movies are concerned, I prefered his dramatic work to his comedies.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Can't forget his humor too

j7wild Guest
    What?

He is still so young!

Credits
    Absolutely devistating.

What Dreams May Come is one of my most favorite of his dramatic roles.
    Good Will Hunting was quite good, but there was far more appeal to WDMC (and less Afflecks).

His comedies were decent. Aladdin being the most memorable.
    But I think his work on his dramatic sides were stellar.
    His dark side in Nolan's 'Insomnia' is truly remarkable. And, disturbing. More disturbing than One Hour Photo.

j7wild Guest
    Oh!

I just now read the part he committed Suicide!

That's makes it even MORE SAD!

j7wild Guest
    I grew up on Mork and Mindy.

One of the first shows I watched on American TV after we came to the U.S.A. in August 1977.

I learn English while watching it!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Oh!

I just now read the part he committed Suicide!

That's makes it even MORE SAD!

Unconfimed yet, although suggested by the coroner. Always amazes me how the most profound comedians have a troubled inner world.

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Unconfimed yet, although suggested by the coroner. Always amazes me how the most profound comedians have a troubled inner world.
    What do you mean?

Other famous comedians have committed suicide?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    What do you mean?

Other famous comedians have committed suicide?
    Not always suicide, but numerous comedians have experienced tragic endings. Chris Farley and John Belushi are classic examples. They were both brilliant comedians, but very troubled. I have heard another comedian say you cant really be good unless you experienced pain.

j7wild Guest
    The last time a comedian's passing affected me this deeply was when John Ritter passed away.