Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation The Hobbit trilogy...

So I am re-watching the first two Hobbit films but in the extended versions before going to see the third film at the theater.

So the whole point of The Hobbit book is to show how Bilbo accidentally got hold of the Ring from Gollum while trying to defeat Smaug?

Also why do Dragons like gold anyway?

Was it really necessary to turn The Hobbit book into 3 films?

The first 2 films felt like a travel channel movie.

Let's see these band of dwarves and elves and humans go here and go there;

there wasn't much action and some of the action that was there felt rehashed from the LOTR trilogy.

Credits
    dont waste your time on the movie. it sucked. not counting any of the wrongs of the movie on its differences from the book (which there are quite a few), there were just so many stupid ideas that come into the movie and a ton of inconsistencies...

some scenes were shot like a film school drop out had control of the camera that day ... or someone was on a VERY bad acid trip. just horrible. i could go on and on about how much i hated this movie ... of all 6 middle earth films, this one is by far the worse.

one last thing... the title. where in the hell did they get the idea for 5 armies ?? there were 3 ... the orcs, the dwarves and the elves. unless someone is counting the humans from laketown which were all of 100 tops (which is a squad, nto an army) ... then at that point, it should be called "the battle of 3 armies and a squad or two" ....

actually, the movie should be called "dont waste your time"
    Last edited by redbear; 12-24-2014 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added spolier tags
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Dang. redbear!

I have finally finished watching the extended version of the first two Hobbit films and I am all fired up to see how it ends.

We are planning to go see it on Christmas Day.

RT has some negative reviews too that are similar to yours:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...e_five_armies/

Credits
    I have yet to see this 3rd movie, but the first two came across as fan fiction. They were a bit underwhelming. A shame considering how much I loved the LOTR Trilogy. These Hobbit movies should have been 2 movies at most. I think it would have worked best as one 3 hour epic. And then Peter Jackson could have done his extended edition for added scenes. I'll still go see it this week sometime.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Dang. redbear!

I have finally finished watching the extended version of the first two Hobbit films and I am all fired up to see how it ends.

We are planning to go see it on Christmas Day.

RT has some negative reviews too that are similar to yours:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...e_five_armies/

what ?? i didnt put anything in there that could be considered a spoiler ... especially if you have seen the previous two movies. but if you want, il lgo back and put spoiler tags in.

j7wild Guest
    I didn't say you posted spoilers when I meant I am fired up to see how it ends.

I meant I just finished watching the first 2 in the extended edition and after reading what you posted, I may not go see it after all.

Also regarding my RT links I meant some of the stuff you said are the same stuff the negative reviewers said on RT.

Credits
    oh good. i thought you were upset. there were a ton of things i noticed in the movie that were just glaring that i wanted to post but really tried to stray away from adding spoilers ...

j7wild Guest
    I just saw it and was a bit disappointed.

You can PM me and tell me what you found glaring.

Credits
    I saw this last night. My reaction is like the first 2 hobbit movies....decent, but underwhelming.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

I have a few questions.

CONTAINS SPOILERS! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE YET!

Maybe it's just me and it really doesn't matter but....

1. What happened to Sauron?

2. What happened to Alfrid?

3. What happened to Saruman?

4. What happened to Lady Galadriel?

5. What happened to Elrond? Elrond is an Elf but he didn't fight in the last battle. Is his tribe of Elves not the same tribe as Thranduil?

6. Were there really 5 Armies? You had Thorin's cousin. That's one. Thranduil's army. That's two. Azog's army of Orcs. That's three. The Laketown survivors and Bard but they don't really count as an army! Maybe a company if even that since they were so disorganized! Thorin had 12 Dwarfs with him. Do they count as an Army? Then the Eagles and those flying things giving air support to the Azog's army of Orcs, they don't count as an army! Then at the end you had a few dozen Goblins not enough to make an Army?

7. I didn't see Thranduil's archers fire any arrows at Azog's advancing army or maybe I missed it.

8. I was also waiting for Thorin to be either reunited with his long lost father or find out his father is still alive.

We see his father and Gandalf when Gandalf was in the cage chanting spells right before Galadriel showed up with Saruman and Elrund.

Then Radagast arrived to take Gandalf away but we din't see Thorin's father anymore.

What happened to him?

9. What happened to the the Arkenstone.

Did Peter Jackson and company get lazy?

They just said screw it! Let's just finish this and to hell with an uncompleted script?

Credits

8. thorin's father was only seen in he extended version, so i doubt we would see him in the theatrical release of the 3rd movie. when the extended version comes out next year, i'm sure we'll see it then. also, i thought that his father jumped to his death ??

j7wild Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redbear View Post

8. thorin's father was only seen in he extended version, so i doubt we would see him in the theatrical release of the 3rd movie. when the extended version comes out next year, i'm sure we'll see it then. also, i thought that his father jumped to his death ??

I thought that was him in the scene where Gandalf was still hanging in the cage and he was chanting and the camera panned away to someone nearby who was shivering right before Lady Galadriel arrived.

Credits
    this is very nice post