Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Playing 3D MKV's

I can make due with the subs on the Jurassic Word trailer if you have it. I'm fairly new to this so how do I play 3D files?

Credits
    Okay, there are quite some threats on this site regarding playback of 3D files. But this is the most "mainstream" way:

The trailers come in a ISO file. ISO is almost the same as a ZIP file, you can unpack it. It has the same structure as a 3D Bluray. Th easiest way to go from ISO to a playable format, is by using MakeMKV (http://www.makemkv.com/). You have to open the ISO and unpack ALL the streams, to a MKV file (make sure you have selected ALL the streames, including the MVC stream).

When you have the MKV, you have to open it in stereoscopic player (http://www.3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx). That's by far the best option of playing this kind of file right now. it automaticly recognizes the AVC and MVC stream. You can select what kind of output you want. (SBS, OU etc.)

If you have a passive 3D screen (so no glasses with battery) you probably can select a standart output so you don't have to activate the 3D function on you screen.

Credits
    Ok got it. I do have a passive 3D tv so it usually plays an mp4 of mkv with the stereoscopic 3d without using the 3d feature. I usually play them from a USB stick on my sony blu ray player and the 3d doesn't have problems, just the pcm stream i mentioned earlier on some trailers that i switch to ac3 and work fine.

Credits
    I know that PCM can be hard to play. but when you use Stereoscopic players with decoders like FFDshow (which I highly recommend) you don't have that problem.

Credits
    Ok I will definitely give them a try. Are these players and decoders safe to use? I know some may cause problems to the PCs.

But, what about the PCM streams on non-3D video like the terminator trailer #2? Should I play it from a different player like the one you recommended?
    Last edited by jacques1400; 05-22-2015 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Merged Posts

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_locz View Post
    Ok I will definitely give them a try. Are these players and decoders safe to use? I know some may cause problems to the PCs.
    I'm not aware of any reputable players causing "PC Problems", if you install the appropriate version matching your OS, the risks are not any different than any other software installation.

But, what about the PCM streams on non-3D video like the terminator trailer #2? Should I play it from a different player like the one you recommended?
    I found VLC to be the best all around option, but even so, I did run into a few encodes which resulted in noise.
    It's trial and error for the most part.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

For 2d best player is MPC-HC, VLC creates macroblocks, and sometimes don't uses HW decoding. For 3d Stereoscopic Player, plays every format.