Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Credits
    Wal-Mart

Exclusive glow-in-the-dark slipcovers for Halloween titles...

Credits
    Past Tense

[An earlier version of this PT was originally posted on May 23rd, 2012 on JoBlo's "DVD, Blu-Ray & Home Theater Discussion" forum.]

This week we face the start of the second American Civil War in "Jericho".

Hey, didn't we cover this before?

Yes and no. And before I continue - this is a short entry.

"Jericho: The Complete Series" was released on home video on June 17th, 2008.

It streeted against "The Nude Bomb", "Alive Or Dead" and "So I Married An Axe Murderer".

This is a re-packaging of seasons one and two (which also hit shelfs on June 17th) together. It came with a large cardboard slipcover holding both seasons. The set did not come with an insert.

- - -

There was an exclusive for the box set, but not a store one. As with the box set for "300", this includes an extra DVD only available within.

It came in a cardboard printed sleeve. The disc has a run time of 35:28 minutes. As far as I can tell these are the video shorts that was on the CBS website for the series' second season. Including the promo ad touting the return of the show. I'm okay with the extras.

Studio DVD releases often do not include the network website content. The sad news is that the bonus does not include the webisodes that made up the prequel called, "Jericho: Countdown". This followed Robert Hawkins before he and his family moved to Jericho, the agent gathering information before the nuclear attack. There were twenty-two episodes, all part of season one. You can find them on YouTube though.

The box set sold for $84.99.

- - - - - - - - - -

Notes.

There is another exclusive, a store one - Target. This was for season one (released on October 2nd, 2007) and was covered in the Past Tense entry for January 21st, 2016. Click here to read.

- - -

As with the virtual season three in comic book form (mentioned in the season one PT), there is a fourth season released by IDW Publishing.

A five issue mini-series (issue one has a limited edition glow-in-the-dark cover) was written by Kalinda Vazquez, overseen by the original television seriesí writers. It picks up where season three left off. This is official canon.

Working so closely with the creators of the TV show has been a blast, their love of the material is contagious, and one of the reasons I think fans relate to it so fervently.
    - Senior Editor (IDW), Scott Dunbier

Jake and Hawkins have finally come home to Jericho and we want to personally thank those fans and IDW for allowing that to happen.
    - Series Executive Producer, Dan Shotz

All the issues have been released, finished a couple months ago. Season four had a July of 2012 start, but it didn't happen until August.

The issues will be collected in a trade paperback.

The graphic novel is 120 pages.

It had a July 9th, 2013 release for $19.99.

I am a bit surprised from one of the featurettes on the bonus disc. The train sequence from the cliff hanger, season one. It was a model, I thought it was CGI (granted some of it was, but I thought it was all computer generated). Very sway.

Need to get these virtual seasons, don't own any of them. Will there be a fifth? Don't know.

What do I know?

Next month the beast rises once more - Limited Edition Horror 2017 - one entry each week! Come back here on October 5th for your nightmares; bring extras lives.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223