http://www.comingsoon.net
Chris Nolan to Revive WB's Batman Franchise

According to Variety, Warner Bros. has signed Memento and Insomnia director Chris Nolan to revive its Batman franchise. It is unclear whether he will write the script as well.

"All I can say is that I grew up with Batman, I've been fascinated by him and I'm excited to contribute to the lore surrounding the character," Nolan told the trade. "He is the most credible and realistic of the superheroes, and has the most complex human psychology. His superhero qualities come from within. He's not a magical character."

The trade adds that it is not known how the new Nolan project will impact any of the other Bat-films, Batman Vs. Superman, Batman: Year One and Catwoman. Out of the three, the latter seems closest to being ready, with Ashley Judd expected to play the title role, and visual effects veteran Pitof making his directing debut from a script by John Rogers.

WB's superhero project closest to the starting line is the J.J. Abrams-scripted Superman, with Brett Ratner directing and Jon Peters producing. The studio is currently testing actors for the lead role, with Josh Hartnett, Jude Law, Ashton Kutcher and Brendan Fraser among those rumored.

so we gonna have BATMAN in reverse ? :butt:

and Ashton Kutcher as Batman ? ...lol .. "dude, where's my Bat-Car?" ..lol