Thanks Thanks:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Rogue One - A Star Wars Story (2016)

Cast:

Director: Gareth Edwards

Felicity Jones, Mads Mikkelsen, Alan Tudyk, Donnie Yen, Ben Mendelsohn, Forest Whitaker, Diego Luna, Jonathan Aris, Riz Ahmed, Arthur L. Bernstein, Emeson Nwolie, Sam Wilkinson, Wen Jiang, Daniel Eghan, Mac Pietowski, Andrei Satalov, Anthony Toste, Attila G. Kerekes, James Henri-Thomas, Jamie Delf, Nick Walters, Sam Hanover.

About

Kathleen Kennedy revealed that the upcoming big screen adventures that explore the characters and events beyond the core Star Wars saga will be known as the Star Wars Anthology Series.

Details around the first entry in the Anthology Series, Gareth Edwards’ Rogue One, have been minimal. Edwards revealed that the film will revolve around a rogue band of resistance fighters who unite for a daring mission to steal the Death Star plans and bring new hope to the galaxy.

Social

#‎RogueOne

Rogue One

Apple, Studio, Vimeo & Official YouTube Encodes

Click ClipConverter Logo to Download Video

Apple HD Encodes Available HERE, no Direct Links

"lucasfilm/rogueoneastarwarsstory/rogueone-tsr1_hxxxp.mov" 480/720/1080

QT Domestic Trailer 1920X1080 (152.3Mb)
    QT Domestic Trailer 1280X720 (77.2Mb)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogue_one_a_star_wars_story.jpg 
Views:	1241 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	21327  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 05-19-2017 at 03:19 AM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Hmmm... cable. Cue the Gollums looking back on last centuries' technology.

Can't wait for the online version.

j7wild Guest
    Is this for theatrical release? TV release? Live action? Animated? WHAT iS IT???

Credits

It's normally called "Milking the Cow".

Courtesy of starwars.wikia.com

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is an upcoming live-action Star Wars film, the first in the Star Wars Anthology Series. The film is set for release on December 16, 2016, and will be directed by Gareth Edwards. Gary Whitta worked on the script throughout 2014, and Chris Weitz took over final scripting duties in 2015. Felicity Jones is the first confirmed star of the film.

The film, which began production in August 2015, is set between the films Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. The plot revolves around a band of resistance fighters uniting to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Galactic Empire's planet-destroying battle station. The theft of the Death Star plans was first referenced in the opening crawl in A New Hope.

j7wild Guest
    The final shot of her looks like she is wearing a Tie Fighter pilot uniform.

Credits
    I've always wondered how do you guys find those Prores files?!
    Last edited by jacques1400; 06-05-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Edenbeast View Post
    I've always wondered how do you guys find those Prores files?!

There is no simple answer, the most common is subscribing to industry distribution services, EPK being the major player.
    Vimeo is also used for distribution, so always check to see if "Downloads are Available" which I normally post below the video.

Most Studios have Press Access sections which can also be a source.

In my case, I'm on a distribution list of the major PR Firms.
    I get the info directly from them, and in many cases, granted access to their ftp servers, but this requires a studio referral.

Posting complete ProRes files goes contrary to your subscribers agreement, so proceeding in that manner can get your access revoked.

It's not a risk that I'm willing to take.

Credits
    I see, you know I always do that on Vimeo when it comes to music videos, but as you mentioned if the "Downloads are available"
    Last edited by jacques1400; 06-05-2017 at 08:27 PM.

j7wild Guest
    Disney is gonna work the property and squeeze it for everything they can. Soon instead of being events a Star Wars film will be just another movie. It's going to become exactly what the Marvel movies have become. There's just too many, too often.

It amazes me that The Force Awakens and now this really look like nothing more than expensive fan-films. I don't mind the idea of cranking out Star Wars movies because I think that world is ripe with potential for interesting stories to tell. It's a fun, expansive universe.

But so far I've not been impressed with Disney's handling of the property. But I found TFA to be a crushing disappointment in just about every way possible, so my interest in this movie is pretty low. Maybe a rental on Blu-ray but I won't go to the theater to see it.

Credits

Do not underestimate "The Force".......

Of course they're going to milk it dry, but does it matter, they're catering to their fanbase.
    And you are correct, they're not doing it for awards nominations, or to re-invent the genre, they stayed true to the form.

I saw The Force Awakens this past weekend, and having seen the original in it's theatrical release, I can truly say that it was an homage to the original.

One thing I found missing to make this movie perfect was the "element of surprise", and that has nothing to do with the script, but simply to my recollection of the original after all these years. Was I in awe like the original, no, but did I have a great time watching it, YES.

You can't compare this to Marvel, different animal all together, everyone has their favorite characters in that universe.

Star Wars is not so much character driven as it is a world, otherwise you wouldn't have more Stormtroopers running around the world today, in organized groups no less, than it took to make the entire 7 episodes.

I definitely don't care for the animated stuff, but then again, it's not meant for my demographic.

Credits
    I'm okay with a Star Wars movie every year. I say milk it. I'm getting older and who knows when I'll be dead. We had a dry spell of Star Wars movies for years and years. Now is a good time as any to release as many as they can. There is a wealth of stories they can tell if they get good screen writers.

Rogue One looks like it could be good.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits

Talking New!!!!!

************ Click Poster for Larger Size ************

Studio, Apple & Official YouTube Encodes of a Featurette

Apple HD Encodes Available HERE, no Direct Links

"lucasfilm/rogueoneastarwarsstory/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-celebration-sizzle
    _h720p.mov" 480/720/1080

QT Featurette 1920X1080 (335.1Mb)
    QT Featurette 1280X720 (166.1Mb)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rogue_one_a_star_wars_story_ver2.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	21643  
    Last edited by jacques1400; 07-19-2016 at 02:48 PM.

Credits
    The hype grows stronger with this one.

So happy to see Gareth Edwards.
    I hope he changes his mind to come back and do Godzilla 2. Or at least stay involved with the production team as a producer.

Credits

Yes, The "Force" grows stronger, I mean hype.

The Fanboys are getting there, my question is "should they have kept this to TV rather than theatrical releases?"
    Look at GOT, it's perfect the way it is, even though I'm pretty sure it will get a movie at some point.

Not being in the same period as the rebooted Star Wars releases, is comparable to having a Deep Space 9 trilogy filling the gaps of the Star Trek reboot. Obviously the more the merrier with the fanboys, but the appeal must be for everyone without creating fatigue.

Credits

Arrow New!!!!!

Official YouTube Encode of Trailer #2 & #3

Last edited by jacques1400; 05-19-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast