Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Best way to convert prores trailers?

Hello!

I do not know if this is the right section in the forum, but I did find one, which is more suitable.

My questions is: What is the best / easiest way to convert Prores trailers, in a format that can be played by normal media players? I would like to have the best quality of the trailer including 5.1 sound for playback in my hometheater.

Thank you!

Credits

There is no "Easy" way unfortunately, unless you have some encoding knowledge.

ProRes encodes are not meant to be used as is, they are "Master Files", in other words the source used to make all the trailers available commercially for the industry and broadcast, not home use.

They are Raw files, not user friendly, and come in various configurations, i.e. Interlaced, Progressive, Textless, Split audio channels, and more. So unless you understand any of those terms, it's going to be a full time job.

Being aware that a member in this forum is posting ProRes encodes on a regular basis, it does not serve any purpose other than satisfying the needs of some members who are in the A/V industry, in addition to being in breach of the user agreement from the distributor of these files.
    The user posting these encodes appears to have limited knowledge himself, the encodes being posted have no consistency, that much I know since I have access to the same commercial source.

If you look around there are many other forums touching on this, so they might be able to help you if you have the time to encode, or to be more specific "Transcode".

Hope this helps

Last edited by jacques1400; 10-14-2016 at 05:45 PM.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    easiest way if you're on mac: quicktime player x -> export 1080p or whatever you like.

those are presets and will do the job just fine. but you wont get the best possible encoding.
    though, it works for most users.

Credits

Or you can simply go to Apple Trailers and download yourself a copy, most browsers support Apple downloads.

Credits
    Hello!

Yes, I know what all these expressions mean, but I do not want to spent to much time on converting trailers. The quality of the apple trailers is not good enough, especially the audio.
    In the meantime I found a page which is offering trailers with 5.1 sound. this is the best solution for me.