Thread: ProRes Encodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

ProRes Encodes

PLease for the love of everything STOP USING UPTOBOX!!!!!
    Last edited by jacques1400; 08-05-2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire posts

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by phelps87 View Post
    PLease for the love of everything STOP USING UPTOBOX!!!!!
    Which site do you want to upload videos to?

Credits

Here's a better idea:

STOP uploading ProRes encodes PERIOD!!!

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by jacques1400 View Post

Here's a better idea:

STOP uploading ProRes encodes PERIOD!!!

Why does my video upload bother you and others?
    Do you have an addiction for someone else?

Credits
    @aliakrep

Because we are NOT a PRESS or COMMERCIAL website, what part don't you get?

There's a reason for the approval process required to access Press Material, and YOU don't have one.
    I'm approved and have Press Access, so they think I'm the one posting un-authorized material because YOU don't have an account.

I'm tired of people complaining to me about:

I can't play this trailer
    It takes too long to download
    Uptobox sux
    What player should I use?
    How come there's no sound?
    Why are the files so big?

All you are doing is feeding other trailer sites with material to publish, while this site is on the verge of shutting down.

Any more questions?

Credits
    Well I will not share the prores trailer after that time.

Credits
    I'd like to share my thoughts about that, too.

To be honest, the ProRes downloads aliakrep is offering, are one of the main reasons why I usually visit this forum more than daily.

If you compare video quality of ProRes trailers with that of e.g. Youtube, ProRes is a dream and Youtube completely sucks.

Problems with uptobox? Well, they offer accounts for 5 dollars a year and since I've done that investment I can download with a speed of 10 megabytes per second. If one doesn't want to pay that, then it's ok. But if the download of aliakreps ProRes trailers isn't worth 5 dollars a year for somebody, then he has to go without that and shouldn't complain.

Video player, sound, file size ... of course, ProRes trailers aren't convenient with respect to that. But if someone is only a bit of a video enthusiast, then it will be easy for him to solve those problems by himself.

From my perspective those ProRes trailers are a great enrichment.

Credits
    @fornit

Thank you for sharing your view, but there is no enrichment in posting unauthorized & proprietary material meant for Commercial Distribution without consent.

If any other site was posting raw ProRes encodes, would you be a member of this forum?

There are plenty of other trailer sites & forums that material of this nature can be posted with, but Movie-list is no longer interested.
    The possible legal repercussions are not worth the handful of members who can actually use them, sorry.

Credits
    You are the webmaster of this site and therefore the only one to judge whether links to ProRes trailers will cause a serious copyright problem for Movie-list or not. If that's the case then you must decide as you did.

I'm a forum webmaster by myself. My site is located in Germany and related to sports. That's why I prefer the good old forum world over social media. We are currently renewing our video tube system and so I'm ffmpeg-converting nearly everything that comes on my way

From my personal experience I know that precautional copyright considerations from a webmaster perspective are often something like "gut instinct".

Above you've written the following:
    "All you are doing is feeding other trailer sites with material to publish, while this site is on the verge of shutting down."

The web is changing. Maybe you could name that "evolution" (?). That's something we are experiencing on our niche site, too. Smartphone users are taking over the web and prefer convenience oriented social media sites like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and so on. Unfortunately Google is pushing this development by ranking the forums down in their search results.

At the end of the day world has become harder for forum owners. On our site we're trying to compensate that by more work and engagement. And I think long and hard when a decision must be made whether to introduce additional restrictions for our users or not.

But please don't understand me wrong. If your decison has been made in the light of recent events then there's no other way.