Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

New Theatrical 'Hulk' Trailer Via Satellite Thursday

From www.countingdown.com:
    From a Universal Press Release:

Universal Pictures to Debut Via Satellite the New Theatrical Trailer for 'the Hulk' on Thursday, February 6

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Feb. 4 -- Universal Pictures will debut the new never-before-seen theatrical trailer for the highly-anticipated summer release 'The Hulk' on Thursday, February 6 via satellite. Satellite coordinates are below.

The trailer will not be shown in theaters until Friday, February 14. Bowing on selected screens with 'Daredevil,' this second theatrical trailer for 'The Hulk' follows the well-received, widely-seen TV spot that aired during the first quarter of the January 26 Super Bowl broadcast. Universal Pictures will release 'The Hulk' on June 21.

Acclaimed filmmaker Ang Lee's concept for his film adaptation of the classic Marvel Comics series, 'The Hulk,' combines all the elements of a blockbuster visual effects-intensive superhero movie with the brooding romance and tragedy of Universal's classic horror films. In depicting 'The Hulk' as both a superhero and a monster, a wish fulfillment and a nightmare, Lee and his team have stayed true to the early subversive spirit of the character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, while completely updating 'The Hulk' and projecting it into the dangers and aspirations of contemporary times.

Eric Bana ('Black Hawk Down') stars as scientist Bruce Banner, whose inner demons transform him in the aftermath of a catastrophic experiment. Academy AwardŽ winner Jennifer Connelly ('A Beautiful Mind') portrays Betty Ross, whose scientific genius unwittingly helps unleash The Hulk; Nick Nolte ('The Thin Red Line') plays Banner's brilliant father, who passes on a tragic legacy to his son, and Sam Elliott ('The Contender') portrays the commander of a top-secret military research center.

Universal Pictures is a division of Vivendi UNIVERSAL Entertainment (VUE) ( www.universalstudios.com ), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

Thursday, February 6, 2003 Satellite Coordinates:

(All Times are E.S.T.)

6:00 a.m. - 6:15 a.m. AMC 2/

Transponder 7; DF 3840(v)

10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Telstar 6/

Transponder 22; DF 4140(h)

1:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Telstar 5/

Transponder 19; DF 4080(v)

4:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m. AMC 2/

Transponder 7; DF 3840(v)

*ACCESS VIA C-BAND*

Credits
    Pretty interesting...thanks for the news!

--Dan

Credits
    Now if only I had a satellite dish... and one that could receive these specific frequencies... I see this once in awhile, what kind of satellite dish would one need to get this? And what type of receiving equipment for that matter??

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    Now if only I had a satellite dish... and one that could receive these specific frequencies... I see this once in awhile, what kind of satellite dish would one need to get this? And what type of receiving equipment for that matter??
    I have no idea, I only found the article.

Credits
    Satellite Disk means that signals can be intercept

Interception means they trailer will be online before it airs
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Satellite Disk means that signals can be intercept

Interception means they trailer will be online before it airs
    Huh?

Credits
    Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Someone will be recording the trailer, and be posting up lower quality versions on the web for all to see!

--Dan

Credits
    Huh?
    When shows r made, they aren't brought to countries via reel transports but are infact sent via Satellite digital signals! Thats how ppl capture TV Shows before they air. Thats also how ppl manage to download the tv shows before they are airred on TV. Normally a week before or days before. This includes how some ppl (I'm one of them) get to see unairred episodes from series. They aren't airred on tv but the transmissions are intercepted and recorded.

Originally posted by RoboDan
    Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. Someone will be recording the trailer, and be posting up lower quality versions on the web for all to see!
    --Dan
    Actually, most of the time, the recordings via satellite transmission are encoded to SVCD... but the quality most depends on the person's VCR signal. Mostly the best quality u will ever see. Can make a clip of a intercepted Satellite signal if u want.

Credits
    Cool...I wouldn't mind catching a 15 second demo!
    --Dan

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Actually, most of the time, the recordings via satellite transmission are encoded to SVCD... but the quality most depends on the person's VCR signal. Mostly the best quality u will ever see. Can make a clip of a intercepted Satellite signal if u want.
    So you'll be recording this satellite signal? Why not send me the uncompressed file (or some nearly lossless codec) and then I'll encode to good quicktime? ML could be the first to post it on the web!!

Credits
    Judging from previous records, Universe will probably let Apple to put a fullscreen QT version online soon afterwards.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    So you'll be recording this satellite signal? Why not send me the uncompressed file (or some nearly lossless codec) and then I'll encode to good quicktime? ML could be the first to post it on the web!!
    I won't be recording it since I don't have the equipment to. But if it does he intercepted, I'll post it first thing here. SVCD is hardly any compression so it will be the original file

Credits
    STOP THE PRESS

The (slightly) extended Hulk Superbowl Spot is available now. Sadly it's just a Windows Media Version so far. But I guess that'll change soon.

mms://bskybwm.fplive.net/bskyb/movies/hulk-bb.asf

Streambox does a pretty good job here.

Credits
    It's basically the same as the superbowl spot, with a couple extra scenes added in.

Credits
    Well, I actually kind of enjoy it. If this IS the trailer that will be shown, then it's definetely a teaser trailer. This makes a grand TV spot though. (I like it a lot more then the Superbowl one). The re-cut flows better.

Plus, the added scenes always help out! I'm guessing we will get the full trailer in two months time, when they finish off all the CG work on Hulk. Then we'll get a classic trailer to be sure!
    --Dan