Saw this movie last night. Overall it was a great movie.

My score: 3.5/5 stars

Overall feel of the movie: A bit slow in parts, the movie is a sweeping tour of the Hermitage museum in St. Petersberg.
Sometimes confusing because of the culture aspect of the movie, but good nonetheless.

Cinimatography: This movie deserves an academy award for this area. The entire movie is one continuous shot, and done in one take. A monumental achievement, it is topped by the quality of the shot. It was beautiful to say the least.

Costumes: Another category deserving an academy award. The movie shifts between several historical periods in Russian History. While I'm unfamiliar with a lot of Russian History, the costumes were always consitent. They were also incredibly detailed, down to the medals on the Russian soldiers.

Acting: This sometimes helped breakup the monotony. The interplay between the "diplomat" who gave the tour and the desembodied narrator was very funny at times. With 2000 extras, you had to look very carefully to find anyone who was not in character (I didn't find ANYONE).