Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Website Ideas?

Credits

Website Ideas?

Right now I have no clue what I want to do with my site... www.reel-review.net
    I sort of lost interest in the classic trailer website thing, partly due to not many visitors, partly due to too much maintenance with the movie reviews on top of it. I'm looking for ideas for a site that could also go with this same domain name, since I do have it for another year yet. Also, anybody that may want to get into a joint website venture with me is welcome, if they have a good idea and it doesn't sound like a 1 person job.

Credits
    my thoughts were joining ur bandwidth and usage with another site. R u looking in the direct interest of just movie stuff? Perhaps offer a movie site ur direct link to trailers.
    I'm making pages to my site fully loaded with media and also putting up ads or trailers in them but its hard to find them. Perhaps we could help each other

But the idea of joining with another site is the best idea. Advertise around or ask. Ask at big sites... pftt.. if u have the bandwidth, go to IMdb if u like!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Well, my site has 20 GB of transfer a month, and 400 MB total storage. I'm not sure exactly what you mean with joining another site, and how would I go about doing that?

Credits
    Ask a admin @ their site that u have this account and don't know what to do with it. Suggest that you could host files for them. Simple. I do that alot. Not host files but help. I'm a wondering computer program travelling the vast net to help ppl.

Credits

Re: Website Ideas?

Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I sort of lost interest in the classic trailer website thing, partly due to not many visitors, partly due to too much maintenance with the movie reviews on top of it.
    Well, that's a shame. Your site is partly the reason I started uploading vob trailers to tisoy, so that if JPB's not putting them on M-L Classics, you can put them up on your site.

Now my mission has lost the purpose.

Well I'm sure most people in this forum visits your site and download trailers from it?

Maybe you should try putting up trailers not available online before. That's a lame suggestion but believe me, not everyone likes to download high-res versions of recent trailers they've seen before. They'd rather get something they haven't seen.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Re: Re: Website Ideas?

Originally posted by editman
    Maybe you should try putting up trailers not available online before. That's a lame suggestion but believe me, not everyone likes to download high-res versions of recent trailers they've seen before. They'd rather get something they haven't seen.
    Well that's what I was doing before... looking for new ideas.

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Website Ideas?

Originally posted by Mark Strube
    Well that's what I was doing before... looking for new ideas.
    So what went wrong? I mean, was the idea stillborn or did you actually try putting some classic trailers not available anywhere else online and still no one gives a damn?

Credits
    Yeah I noticed that when I tried to visit reel review it didn't work. Shame it was a decent site.

Anyway down to buisness, I'm gonna be doing a link page for my site and am looking for people to exchange links with. Just let me know if you'r interested.

Here's some interesting sites if you want some inspiration

http://www.richardland.com/
    This guys a right twat, but I think that the guys he is insulting are members of a forum I used to post at. I really hate them so this site makes me laugh.

http://www.cutestuf.com/movies.html
    funny clips

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...lbushrambo.htm

If you can do a better job on the posters something like that.

Or were you thinking of a more serious site?

Last edited by carl; 02-12-2003 at 09:34 PM.

Credits
    Rambo 'IIII'!!? Surely it's not too difficult to digitally create a 'V'! Honestly...

Credits
    Hmm... well, I write film reviews in my spare time. If you can get me passes, I'll write as many reviews for you as I can. This goes to everyone running their own movie site here(you too, JPB.) Get me movie passes(or tell me how to get them myself) and I'll gladly write the reviews for you. If you'd like a sampling of my work, you can check www.techbase.ca/ in the film critique section.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?