$40 million = for the end/final/climax scene

$30 million = went to Keanu Reeves

$10 million = went to Laurence Fishburne

$2.5 million = went to the construction of a 3 kilometer Freeway

2500 effects shots for parts 2 and 3

331 shooting days

100km/h (60miles/h) Freeway-Stunts

72 hours till the end of the Rebellion

Now, Matrix 1 was an R18 movie, will parts 2 and 3 also be R rated? If so, will they be able to earn that much money? Not too many R18 movies past the 200 million mark, only Saving Private Ryan did that.

Or will they make this movie PG 13? I think they will, I hope not

and also R18 movies get less marketing, right? so how much will they spend on Marketing?

btw the 1st Matrix made = Total Gross: $171,479,930
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=matrix.htm
    not much considering all the hype.

Last edited by trailergod; 02-13-2003 at 04:41 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Matrix 2&3 are in almost everybodys list for 2003. I predict a b.o. for Matrix 2 of $300m+ and for Matrix 3 $200m+

:bday:

Credits
    WOW......
    No the exciting is getting bigger and bigger but i think that the movie will be r13 or here in germany probably 16....
    And i am so exciting about how the freeway chase gonne be.....
    I Want the movie so bad good damn....i am getting nuts

Credits
    Originally posted by Mischa
    Matrix 2&3 are in almost everybody's list for 2003. I predict a b.o. for Matrix 2 of $300m+ and for Matrix 3 $200m+

:bday:
    I presume you are talking domestically. People are saying that if you count Reloaded and Revolutions as one film (which they basically are) they are gonna be the first billion dollar grossing movie (world wide) since titanic. $$$$$$

Credits
    Originally posted by Gnome
    I presume you are talking domestically. People are saying that if you count Reloaded and Revolutions as one film (which they basically are) they are gonna be the first billion dollar grossing movie (world wide) since titanic. $$$$$$
    Sure. Domestically. The only numbers that really count. And if the hype lasts, Matrix will definitely pour in more than $1 billion worldwide. And Joel Silver will laugh his a$$ off.

Credits
    it will rake in heaps of money through DVD sales and other merchant tie ins... soundtrack etc... the gross at cinema is in reality a small percentage of what a movie makes as a whole... apparently the video rental industry makes more money through rentals as opposed to cinema takings..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    so, will this movie be R 18 or not?

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    so, will this movie be R 18 or not?
    I dont think so....

Credits
    I'm not sure... the first one was a borderline R in the states, and it's assured that it'll be 14AA here in Ontario. Probably G in Quebec. I know this much. Whatever the censor board gives it will stick. The Wachowski's will not changer the movie to fit the tastes of censors. I wouldn't be surprised if Warner's isn't lobbying for a "must be over 13" rating just for this movie. As for BO... 300+ for each sequel.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    if this will be an R18 movie it will never pass the $300m mark. It will be completely impossible for it to do so. 1st less movie theatres will carry the movie, then less audience, also less MARKETING, since an R 18 movie is not allowed to be advertised freely in all mediums, especially when people below 18 are involved.

It is easy for us to say this movie will be great, and it will earn lots of money... but it really wont reach the 300 million mark for each movie. Remember we are not the mass market and usually the mass audience watching movies results in bog box office.

Only one movie which is R18 has past the $250 milion mark, and this is Saving Private Ryan.

I hope the makers of this movie will keep the R18 rating, but because of this it may only reach $200m mark for each movie.....

Credits
    in australia the last matrix was rated m15+ as far as i know.. which means anyone can basically watch it.. are the sequels supposed to be getting a higher rating than the first.. in oz an R rating means only people over the age of 18 are allowed to see it?? is this what you mean.. ?

p.s i have been drinking tonight which means my spelling and questions maybe completly innapropriate.. sorry.

Credits
    if this will be an R18 movie it will never pass the $300m mark. It will be completely impossible for it to do so. 1st less movie theatres will carry the movie, then less audience, also less MARKETING, since an R 18 movie is not allowed to be advertised freely in all mediums, especially when people below 18 are involved.

It is easy for us to say this movie will be great, and it will earn lots of money... but it really wont reach the 300 million mark for each movie. Remember we are not the mass market and usually the mass audience watching movies results in bog box office.

Only one movie which is R18 has past the $250 milion mark, and this is Saving Private Ryan.

I hope the makers of this movie will keep the R18 rating, but because of this it may only reach $200m mark for each movie.....

Agree

Credits
    In Australia the rating system is much more fair when rating movies. If SPR was over 18 in teh states... here it was rated MA which is you have to be 15 or over to watch it.
    BUt most directors don't want their movies to be R rated sice thats cutting a massive porition of viewers thus cutting profits.

BUt looks like Matrix trilogy will keep its M rating since there is alot of voilence but no blood. I was (and still) shocked (in a good way) that DieHard3 received a M rating but the bloody voilence in that was alittle over the top. *cough*elevator scene*cough*
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Re: Matrix Quick Facts

...the 1st Matrix made = Total Gross: $171,479,930
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=matrix.htm
    not much considering all the hype.
    what?? that was all that it made..?? that had to be one of the most original movies in a long time and that was it? sometimes it would be nice if movies made money depending on the content of the movie...i think it would change the outcomes alot more....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

Re: Re: Matrix Quick Facts

Originally posted by red bear
    what?? that was all that it made..?? that had to be one of the most original movies in a long time and that was it? sometimes it would be nice if movies made money depending on the content of the movie...i think it would change the outcomes alot more....
    like i said that is only what it made at the box office dvd sales, and rental revenue would be much greater, not to mention action figures, soundtracks blah blah blah... product placement by nokia etc...

cinema takings have really no bearing at all, but are used by the studios to hype their movies and occasionally as a tool to oust competition...