Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    LOL first of all tisoy is way too proud of those huge Tomb Raider pictures he just got from the Tomb Raider website. Second of all the games all kick ass. I hated the movie and I'm hoping the second one is a lot better. Not that I don't enjoy the character, I even have the Tomb Raider poster, rolled up in my closet. Also, 8 Mile was a great movie and i think Eminem did a surprisingly awesome job in it, as well as the rest of the cast... Tomb Raider's acting or plot don't hold a candle to that movie. Lastly, sorry Tisoy I turned those huge pictures into links, since we've all seen them about 700 times now and they were totally messing up the formatting of this thread. I had to scroll to the right about 4 times just to read my last reply.
    Are you actually comparing the 2 films?
    OK so both had bad writing and bad acting. Other than Eminem who exactly did brilliantly in 8 mile? Tomb Raider was written a lot worse admittedly but it had one major factor in it's favour. It was supposed to be dumb.:big grin:

8 Mile attempted deep interlectual stuff, and failed due to the fact that it told the same story from every other underdog tale ever. It had characters we have see billions of times before, and only one really good actor. I also suspect that I liked Eminems performance so much only because my expectations were so low. 8 Mile doesn't hold a candle to The Hustler the greatest underdog movie of them all.:big grin:

Credits
    I believe it was the Digital Rich that started the comparison, so I decided to indulge you all.
    8 Mile is a very well-made film... given it is quite predictable, since it's been sent through the Hollywood Rocky/Purple Rain cliche machine. Eminem has great screen presence, and it doesn't stop there, since the supporting cast is GREAT, I don't care what you guys say... especially Mekhi Pfieffer. Also given, I don't see Eminem being able to play anything else besides an inner-city white rapper... which happens to be what he is. This movie is an intelligent crowd pleaser and a great movie. It's not trying to cover "interlectual" stuff (did I spell that right? ) it's just trying to be a solid film with a feel-good story.
    Now Tomb Raider... you can say ohh it's supposed to be a stupid action flick with a chick kicking some ass... I have no problem with that... but only if it's a GOOD stupid action movie... this one actually tries, and fails. The story isn't anywhere near interesting and even this script could've been saved with some good acting... which didn't happen. Angelina Jolie basically phoned in her lines, trying way too hard to be a complex intelligent British-esque character, instead of actually adding some depth to the character... which no, her stuffed sports bra didn't make up for. Sorry but this is as bad as it gets guys. Given, she looked like the video game character, which doesn't say much for a movie.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 02-22-2003 at 09:39 PM.

Credits
    Are you actually comparing the 2 films?
    Nope... i said i didnt like 8 mile but i liked Tomb Raider, instead of Tomb Raider you could have inserted any movies from my list of the top 20 below (but i knew tomb raider is a movie not many other people liked, so it was usefull to use).. i never compared, just used it as a metaphor for you guys to judge my taste in movies.. which is just that my taste in movies.. you dont like it.. i dont care.. really i dont... but it wont bother me either way... :big grin:

I believe it was the Digital Rich that started the comparison, so I decided to indulge you all
    Once again i didnt compare.. in order to compare i would have had to bring up points about the plots/characters/motivation/cinematography of both movies which i didnt.. so dont even think about laying the blame for this on me :big grin:

I always get bashed here at ML everytime i mentioned that movie
    so i have noticed

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits

why does every joke thread or OFF TOPIC thread end up a movie thread or debate...... guys stop it.. there are more things to talk in life than just comparing movies.....

i intended this thread as an "enjoy" your weekend thread.. not as a 8 mile thread...... c'mon...

so hows your weekend so far? mine has been the most exciting since the BIGFOOT monster
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Geez... this board is for discussion of movies and that will many times lead to the comparison of different movies, no matter how strange the comparison. And yeah, lots of times threads end up off topic... it's called the flow of discussion... so what.

Credits
    and threads like these usually dont need mature replies.....

baleted:big grin:

c'mon, you guys are way too serious with life.... have phUn sometimes....
    Last edited by trailergod; 02-23-2003 at 02:55 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy

so hows your weekend so far? mine has been the most exciting since the BIGFOOT monster
    Hm..well spend the evening with a jerk who told me how wonderful he is and how brilliant he was ....and @ the end he trying to start to get me laid

Credits
    Originally posted by GermanFinne
    Hm..well spend the evening with a jerk who told me how wonderful he is and how brilliant he was ....and @ the end he trying to start to get me laid
    LOL gawd... I wouldn't date someone just to tell them how wonderful I am... can u say self-absorbed? I'd wanna get to know this person more!! Especially UUUUU! ::awwwww::

Credits
    Well he looks cute ...with a little mel gibson style but after that night.....no way.. :big grin:

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Talking

khhh khhh khhh... I hope that this Forum doesn't became like
    GERMAN 'how to score' DATE PLACE...

ROTAL! :big grin:

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    I think ZUBi is just jealous... I mean we all know she likes me more! :yum:

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I think ZUBi is just jealous... I mean we all know she likes me more! :yum:
    Who????

Credits
    Mark said: I think ZUBi is just jealous... I mean we all know she likes me more!
    what?!?!.. but i have been getting constant IM's from her.. surely shes into my ****! hehehe

Credits
    Originally posted by The Digital Rich
    what?!?!.. but i have been getting constant IM's from her.. surely shes into my ****! hehehe
    From who you are talking bout ?

Credits
    ooooh fight! Fight!:big grin:
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast