Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

We are going to change the World with these Sequels

Producer Joel Silver had more to say about The Matrix sequels at a press conference in Sydney:
    "The sequels are more complicated than the first one," warns Silver. "But when you analyse it, it's really a very small movie. In the sequels, the story continues, resulting in the potential fight at the end of hundreds of years between man and machine."

"In the beginning, we all thought it was cute and funny (to be imitated), but then it became de rigueur," Silver says.

"But wait until you see what we have now. The (Wachowski) brothers feel they've made something that can't be copied.

"When I say that, no one can compete with us - I mean it. We're going to change the world with these sequels

..changing the world OMG....
    :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    come on.. the Matrix trilogy won't be an intelligent movie. Perhaps change the style of making movies or stuns but not the world. Movies that change the world... well.. look @ the Ocsar winners in the past. They have changed the world. Ben Hur, Singin' In The Rain, etc, etc...

I can't see Matrix changing the world... only style. It wasn't a great movie. I push the matrix movie/s into the catagory of Mummy or Rambo movies. IMO, the only thing holding Matrix up its action style... nothing movie. Story is bland (but the Animatrix is going to expain this), acting ... well..... not convincing.
    Oh it will be on my top 5 movies of the year to enjoy and a must see but it will get no glory beyond that of like a Star Wars fan.

Star Wars atleast had strong valves and principles to follow. I would love to see this type in Matrix. It would void my post I just made! (and Animatrix is making it possible)
    Excellent news tho!

EDIT: BTW... whats the source?
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 02-23-2003 at 06:33 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Countingdown.com

I Love the matrix and i found the story of Matrix really smashing
    It Was new and very intelligent....
    With action and some kick ass kung fu action and never seen movie style.....

Credits
    Change the world?

Maybe they have some deep message in these ones. I know the first one actually made me think about reality. Perhaps this one has something deeper....?

The Second Renaissance Part 1 was very powerful too - you know how it makes you think? Maybe we should expect more of the same.

Or they could, as Kn'thrak mentioned just be changing the way movies are made. I can't think of any other movie that had a video game released at the same time and followed a paralell story line. Plus animated shorts for background and alternate story....it makes the entire world feel more complete.

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    Change the world?

Maybe they have some deep message in these ones. I know the first one actually made me think about reality. Perhaps this one has something deeper....?

The Second Renaissance Part 1 was very powerful too - you know how it makes you think? Maybe we should expect more of the same.

Or they could, as Kn'thrak mentioned just be changing the way movies are made. I can't think of any other movie that had a video game released at the same time and followed a paralell story line. Plus animated shorts for background and alternate story....it makes the entire world feel more complete.
    Yeah My Words....
    I Think that the Way a Movie is made and released and the whole backround (Video Game, DvD, ......) for the film becomes completer..so there will not be only a movie there will be a multimedia explosion of the Movie with games and stuff....

Credits
    I think it's possible that what he meant about changing the world is that they will change the way action scenes are done.

For example, the fight scenes in The Matrix really did change the way fighting (hand to hand and gunfighting) was filmed ever since.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    look @ the Ocsar winners in the past. They have changed the world. Ben Hur, Singin' In The Rain, etc, etc...
    In what ways?

I can sorta figure out about Ben Hur, but not Singin' In The Rain. Need a bit more elaboration on this point please.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    come on.. the Matrix trilogy won't be an intelligent movie. Perhaps change the style of making movies or stuns but not the world. Movies that change the world... well.. look @ the Ocsar winners in the past. They have changed the world. Ben Hur, Singin' In The Rain, etc, etc...

I can't see Matrix changing the world... only style. It wasn't a great movie. I push the matrix movie/s into the catagory of Mummy or Rambo movies. IMO, the only thing holding Matrix up its action style... nothing movie. Story is bland (but the Animatrix is going to expain this), acting ... well..... not convincing.
    Oh it will be on my top 5 movies of the year to enjoy and a must see but it will get no glory beyond that of like a Star Wars fan.

Star Wars atleast had strong valves and principles to follow. I would love to see this type in Matrix. It would void my post I just made! (and Animatrix is making it possible)
    Excellent news tho!

EDIT: BTW... whats the source?
    What about all the philosophical and theological ideas. Say what you will about the acting, the ideas are far deeper than 95% of any movies that come out. It doesn't have to be a complex story... The Bible was simple too.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I have reservations as to whether Joel Silver means it in the following way but this is how I read it.

I agree that along with X-men, the Matrix films are not just making entertaining movies but they are making people think and they are raising issues. In a time when the division between thought provoking movies and brainless action-fests seems to be broadening I believe that the matrix sequels and of course X-men are going to change the world of movies. (I think that Joel Silver means the world of movies rather than the world at large)

Whether Joel means this too or something else I don't know, but there's my 2 cents.

EDIT: I'm a Senior Member woohoo!:bday: :big grin:
    Last edited by Gnome; 02-24-2003 at 02:31 PM.

Credits
    i really hope that joel thinks people wont be able to copy his special effects.. cause in reality.. in 5 years time, some 12 year old using an iBook will be able to copy it.. lets face it.. as soon as one person does something.. it means someone else can do it.. and in hollywood if it makes money its copied...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    But Joel Silver said also that the special effects and stuff will cost so much and are so time spending to produce that it will never be copied or at least 4 years not :-)

Credits
    Originally posted by The Digital Rich
    i really hope that joel thinks people wont be able to copy his special effects.. cause in reality.. in 5 years time, some 12 year old using an iBook will be able to copy it.. lets face it.. as soon as one person does something.. it means someone else can do it.. and in hollywood if it makes money its copied...
    What in 5 years time a 12 year old is going to build a freeway just to blow up.

Credits
    Originally posted by moviebuff
    What in 5 years time a 12 year old is going to build a freeway just to blow up.
    of course not... in 5 years time, there will be plenty of old freeways lying around unused to blow up cause we will all have flying cars but seriously though.. any special effects generated by a computer can and will be copied.. i think hes just blowing a lot of hot air...

i just cant wait to see the movies!!

Credits
    Originally posted by The Digital Rich
    of course not... in 5 years time, there will be plenty of old freeways lying around unused to blow up cause we will all have flying cars but seriously though.. any special effects generated by a computer can and will be copied.. i think hes just blowing a lot of hot air...

i just cant wait to see the movies!!
    i dont think that he is just blowing a lot of hot air.
    The Special effects can be copied on computer but he also told the press that these special effects are so time intensitiv and high cost that a movie will not put their time and a very very lot of money on only a couple of special effects just to copy.....

Credits
    Nothing is the best. There will be always something better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast